LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 1983 380sl (Euro)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post FS - 1983 MB 380SL (European Delivery Model)

Hello Everyone!

I am listing my toy and project of the last 2 years, My 1983 Mercedes Benz 380SL, Signal Red, Factory Rear Bench Seat, (European Delivery Model) with numbers matching hard top. 128,695 (Approx) miles. (It was converted per US regulations when imported so the bumpers and headlights are all US Spec, but the mounting points and original wiring are still underneath, my ultimate goal was to return her to Euro look and feel, the way she deserves. but I never got the chance.)

Vin # WDB10704512019811

First a little background:
I bought this car from the 3rd owner in 2010, The Car was originally bought in Germany and driven in Europe for a few Months, then imported to Florida, From there it moved to Mississippi, then Tennessee (Where I picked it up) and I brought it up to Ohio. I have confirmation that while in Mississippi, Tennessee and here in Ohio the car has always been garaged. I put some work into the car as it is a solid driver but needs some cosmetic work. (see below).

I worked with MB Classic Center to figure out the car's history and to figure out if it was a US or Euro model (Because it has Add on air, and US Spec emissions stickers.)

I love to drive this car but unfortunately I have had some serious vision problems over the last few months and can no longer drive . So sadly I have to let my toy go to a new good home so she doesn't just sit around. I'm not in a hurry to sell, but I do want her to go to a good home...

Since I bought it I have:
New Tires (2010)
New Battery (2011)
New Starter (2010)
New Rear Brakes (2011) (Rotors, Calipers, Pads, Lines)
New Belts (2010)
New Cooling Hoses (2011)
New Vacuum Lines (2010)
New Cloth Top (2012)
Center Console Wood Replaced (2012)
Rear Valance Replaced (2012)
Power steering tightened, hoses replaced (2011)

The Car runs great, it has never failed to start or ever quit on me.

What it still needs:
A rip on the front Driver Seat
Paint work (It has been repainted at some point but it can use some help. Plus there are some scratches on the trunk where the hard top has touched.) I would call it a 5 Footer, (Looks great from 5 feet away, the blemishes are only noticeable up close)
It has high idle condition (runs @ 1500 RPM while in park/neutral but normally in drive)
2 spots of Rust (Drivers front fender small bubbling, trunk corner small bubbling)
Odometer slippage (for the last 500 miles I noticed some mileage not being recorded.) I think it might have just stopped within the last couple days honestly... So the mileage is approximate...

It comes with the Numbers matching hard top, front rotors/pads (The fronts are still good, but I bought a complete set when I replaced the rear), 2 sets of keys, and a car cover.

As Far as Price, Before the new top Hagerty Appraised her at $10,500 I'm not asking that much, but I am looking for Reasonable offers...

I will try Uploading some pictures also, but please let me know and I can get pictures of anything you want to see.

I'm Really hoping that selling it to a member of the MB community will give her the best home possible.

I don't want to post my Phone # on the web, so please message or email me and I will answer any questions or get in touch. The Car is in Columbus Ohio if anyone wants to come by and take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Car1.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	446376   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	446377   Click image for larger version

Name:	car2.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	446378   Click image for larger version

Name:	car10.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	446379   Click image for larger version

Name:	car9.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	446380  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in