Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 1979 450SL; 1973 280SE 4.5; 1986 420 SEL(SOLD)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thinking of buying a 1980 300TD - opinions on price needed.
Posted in the 123 Forum, but no response, so I thought I would try here.
Thinking I would like a wagon and came across one locally. Looking for some guidance on fair price. Here are some details/seller claims:
Beige exterior/black MBTex interior
2 Owners (NC car originally)
All books and records
Work done by Mercedes Motoring in CA 2 years ago for current owner:
- Re-pad front lumbar seats and seat bottoms (re-enforced lumbar support added)
- Polish and paint stainless steel hubcaps
- Locate four 14" factor MB steel alloy wheels to receive hubcaps (the other 14" mags come with the car as well
- New signature window sticker
- Re-carpet rear floor mats as the original had several loops unraveling
- Add factory cross bars for luggage rack (a $400-500 upgrade I threw in)
- Wet sand and polish Zebrano wood trim
- Recondition factory Becker stereo and install
- Touch-up factory Pastel Beige paint (this correct color touch-up paint will come with the car)
- New B-Pillar felts
- Re-glue wind lacing
- Full mechanical tune-up (Although the car already runs absolutely amazing! My mechanic drove it today and could not believe how fast it was for a non-turbo. He said it is faster than many turbos he has driven!
-The car will receive a 30k service, all fluids will be flushed, new fuel filters, new fuel lines, new air filter, valve adjustment, new brakes pads, oil change, all doors lubricated, wheel bearings greased, etc...)
- New headlamp doors (the car currently has European headlamps, but I am putting the factory American version back on. New reverse lens
- Passenger side bumper end cap
- Adjust glove box
- Polish and detail every section of paint including door jams, engine compartment, etc
- Disaasemble exterior and interior for detail (2 day job)
-Restoration and steam clean motor, wheel wells, chassis, engine compartment
- Adjust ride height
- Fix rear hatch lock
Assuming all this checks out with a visual inspection, record review and PPI by my indie, what would be a price that I would be crazy not to buy it for and what would be a price where I should walk away.
Looking forward to your thoughts/inputs. Thanks.