Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1981 240D for sale, owned 24 years.

770 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  heyfred3000 
#1 · (Edited)
I've just replaced my '81 240D, manual shift, which I bought from the original owner in 1988. I'd like a BenzWorld member to get the chance to own it. It has always been garaged, was my primary car 1988-2000 and again 2009-to one month ago when I got a super deal on a Jetta TDI after being convinced by my wife and young kids (who need child seat anchors), that the other 5 old cars (including a '62 220SEb/Coupe) are enough. The car needs nothing, paint, dash, seats, carpet, etc. are all original and fine. Everything works perfectly; a/c, clock, cruise, windows, elec antenna, washers, etc. Everything has been maintained and replaced as needed. It has 288,000 miles, runs perfectly, uses the same 1 qt. between changes it did when I bought it 205,000 miles ago. This year its had a new timing chain, tires, and shift bushings. It makes 100 mile trips regularly, and I took it on a 700+ trip recently without needing to check anything first. It is the cheapest and easiest to maintain car I have ever owned (actually my '71 220D was a tiny bit easier, but parts cost more - it was still going strong at over half-milllion miles the last time I saw it a few years after selling it in 1988). I'm in Georgia, I've posted photos on my profile, I've got it on AutoTrader for $5,000 but am open to offers from BenzWorld members, and you can e-mail me at <j_fred_b@hotmail.com>. PayPal, Cash or Cashier's Check (which willl have to clear Federal Reserve in Atlanta first) are acceptable. And I'll be glad to answer questions or take more pictures.NOTE: Since I couldn't see how to add photos, I've done another thread in this section which does have photos. Take a look, its a great car, for sale until May 31 when I head out, then I'll see what I think when I return to the USA in August if it hasn't sold.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.