post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 560SL,380SL
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
W107 ('85) Gray Carpeting for Sale

I bought a "charcoal" carpet from an eBay supplier thinking that was "light black" . Nope, it was mid-light gray. I didn't spend a lot on the carpet, so I bought black carpeting, cut it by tracing out the set I bought with a thin bar of soap and had a local shop bind it as the replacement set had been done. I m shocked at how much black (!) carpet fades over time. My old carpet looks like a "dirty dark blue" next to the new carpet.

I've finished installing the back, and I'm pleased with my results so far. The carpet I used as replacement was surprisingly good - not original, but pretty good.

I didn't replace the front under-foot carpet, because mine were in good shape - I don't think that the car has ever been used without floor mats.

I wouldn't recommend to anyone to "DIY" making carpet yourself unless you are really on a budget. I don't think that this would have looked very good without getting the edges bound, and that was quite expensive and used up a lot of my savings in doing it myself.

So, I have a set of gray carpet for sale. It has never been installed but it might have a little black fuzz on it from when I used it as pattern to cut the new carpet. It contains all the pieces that are needed to do the interior of the car (not the trunk). I don't think that this is a "great" carpet set (you get what you pay for, most of the time). I will say that it is cut reasonably close to the original. The "hump" will probably need foam, although on my cars, the foam was glued to the car, not the carpet. The front and rear floor carpeting has sewn-in padding. I would NOT recommend this carpet for "restoration" but if you have a daily driver, a gray interior and don't worry about originality it would be pretty darned good. Note that the front driver's mat is NOT like original, it's flat featureless vinyl. If you are ok with this, great, or get floor mats (which I always would recommend).

I paid $145 for this set; So, I will take the best offer over $75 + shipping (I will charge exactly what it will cost for me to ship it UPS US delivery, nothing more); Paypal or cleared check please. If you think that it is a bad deal, I will take it back minus shipping within 10 days.

The pictures attached are pretty close on my monitor to the color of the carpet.

Keep in mind that this was for an '85; there may be subtle differences with some models particularly very early 450's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	442761   Click image for larger version

Name:	c2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	442762  

Homebrew MB First Gear Start!

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: