LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Mar 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 1987 300TD Total Loss -Cape Cod Ma

This wagon (231,000 miles) was the topic of this thread- 87 300td t-boned yesterday, what now? - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum
I have come to the decision to sell it but I am unsure of a fair price. I thought I would see if members here would like a crack at it before I introduce it to the rest of the web.

Some info about the car- The doors still open and close. The only damage was the visible area (drivers door area, rocker, b pillar, driver quarter panel. No other damage. The car can be driven. It still drives great. I owned it for all of 2 months before the accident. I bought it because it appeared to be incredibly well maintained. I was told came from Texas and spent some time in North Carolina as well. No undercarriage rust. Some small bubble rust at the top of some of the windows. The pictures at this site show that:https://picasaweb.google.com/ayurtdw...eat=directlink
The PO had the following done (I do not have records, but I hope the parts speak for themself): #22 Head, Rebuilt turbo, rebuilt tranny, sls shocks, front seat upholstery, new power steering gear, master cylinder, radiator, exhaust, I believe all of this has occurred in the past 1-3 years judging by the condition of the parts.
Some things are non operational: Cruise, Rear wiper, Dome light does not come on with doors (pre-accident), central locks, dash clock, rear hatch struts need to be replaced (hatch will not stay open when it is cold out). Windshield wiper fluid reservoir wiring is incomplete. It also has had some body work done before the accident to the drivers door. This was not apparent to me before the accident. I believe that is all.
All other systems are good.
Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions. I am very much stuck on how much to ask for it. I hope to get a fair price for myself and the buyer. My wish is that someone with the knowhow and equipment can repair it. It doesn't deserve to be pulled apart and sold for parts!
Here's a few pics to get you started. Many more pics are at the link at the top. If you want any specific pics to be taken, please let me know.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: