post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: AccountKiller
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1973 450SE (SWB W116) part-out

Extensive rust to the floorboards, rockers, and trunk have claimed the life of this lovely '73 450SE. It drives like a dream on the freeway so mechanically pretty much everything is working and available. Let me know what you're after and make offers.

* Seat skins, headrests, and armrests
* Dash vents
* A-pillar trims (the rest of the trim is not in good shape except the front headliner piece and visors)
* Driver seat belt latch

* Brass coolant reservoir
* Bumpers
* Fog lights
* Windshield
* Passenger side and interior mirrors
* Front radiator support frame
* Manual climate control parts
* Driver window regulator

Particularly interesting bits available:
* All carpets are in outstanding condition (except parcel shelf which is sun-baked). Mats are also good (were covered with a second set of mats that took the wear), but driver mat has badly cracked rubber so that will need replaced.
* Rear auto-retracting lap-only belts! These are super-cool and unique. You'll need your own latches as these have broken. I believe the new-style latches are compatible as well, will test this theory soon.
* Rear window with horizontal-style defroster - WILL NEVER DELAMINATE!
* Outstanding condition (shiny!) new Bundts, I believe 14x6.5" but will have to confirm. There are five of them. Come with free dryrotted but still usable Michelin Harmony tires if you pick up. Wouldn't trust them too far. Spare has some different tire.
* Newer (late 90's or early 2000's) JVC CD head unit. High-quality unit but I prefer Becker.

Lots of good body parts, and mechanically everything seems to be working under the hood. Engine has 164k miles and runs pretty good once it warms up, probably isn't hard to set right again. Will need new exhaust manifolds as one is cracked and the other likely sold.

Let me know what you need!
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: