post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2012
Vehicle: 84' 300d Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FOR SALE: 1984 W123 300D Turbo with 96,000 miles - $2400

I'm looking to sell my Mercedes 300D turbo. This thing has a great little low mileage motor (96,030 miles) that cranks the first time every time.

I picked her up in Knoxville about a month ago and drove her back to Chattanooga (around 100 miles). It didn't miss a lick. When I got it home I started to order some maintenance parts and what not. I replaced the injector return hoses and cleaned out the glow plug holes with a reamer from Mercedessource.com, and replaced them with some new ones. Since I've changed out glow plugs I've had it setting in my garage with the battery on the charger waiting to get back to clean her up. I've got 5 quarts of Rotella T 15w40 and a new oil filter ready to be put in, in the next few days. (no worries I'm not currently using this as a driver).

Interior- The carpets, and floor mats are going to need some attention, but other than that everything is in pretty nice shape. The dash does have some cracks but they are minimal. All windows and sunroof all work flawlessly. The seats are all in GREAT condition. I have the wood trim that goes around the AC controls on the middle console. Oh, just to add I took the matts out to clean them so that is why they are not present in the pictures. Oops.

Exterior- The paint needs work. The clear is coming off in multiple areas. There is some rust behind the quarter window on the drivers side. And one small hole than the size of a dime. There is also a touch of rust on the driver side wheel well but just on the lip it is pitting, not no rot going through the sheetmetal. I checked under the body and the rubber is still present and there, and everything looks good. (I'm new to the w123 so I'm saying all they with limited knowledge.. but I'm happy to check anything you ask about). The trunk and all other areas are rock solid.

When I was doing maintenance under the hood I managed to mess up some of the vacuum lines so there are some issues there, but I have ordered a new main line and that should take care of a good deal of the problems I would imagine.

I hate to let her go because I know it's a great car with tons of potential.. or a good daily driver as is.. but I just need something a little newer for now. Maybe I'll get another w123 in the future but for now it looks like my tinkering is going to be put on hold. I'm looking to get $2400 but I am negotiable. If you want to call/text feel free my number is 423-827-7015. Or shoot me a PM. Thanks! -Ray

Last edited by Thefrisbee; 04-22-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Removed photo showing tag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 09:08 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2010
Vehicle: 2005 E320 CDI
Ummm...Ray, which way did you go from Knoxville to Chattanooga? It is about 75 miles....Please PM me your bottom cash dollar...

Last edited by Mad Bomber; 04-22-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Added some stuff...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Ha, well I'm not exactly good with stuff like that. It was more of a rough (read really rough) estimate.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 10:26 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: AccountKiller
This is a good deal for $2400. Aside from some fading to the sides of the seat skins and the colors which I don't personally care for, and what appears to be very minor rust, this has low miles and is the last year before the '85 weirdness under the hood (and look how clean it is under there!!). It's got the desirable 120mph speedometer and does not appear to have damage to the floorboards or under the rear seat from what the pictures show (which admittedly isn't that much).

I'd hold firm at $2400 because that's already a great bargain in my opinion. Personally, I'd get the rust tended to, replace the hood opening pull, and tweak whatever other little things need done, which doesn't look like much, take a whole bunch more pictures, and you could pull $4-5k from this car.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the advice.

Admittedly I am new to the w123 and I thought I got a good deal when I bought her, so I'm content with passing it on. But if she doesn't sell soon then that isn't a bad idea at all. Thanks, I do appreciate the kind words and advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in