Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1978 500 SLC FOR SALE IN SPAIN

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  wendirjd 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes, it IS a 1978 500 SLC :)
Located on the Costa del Sol in Spain, silver, left-hand drive with sliding hard-top sunroof. Engine is perfect (although speedometer stopped last summer at 165,000K) but needs TLC as some of the varnish is peeling off, a couple of the chrome trimmings along the side have disappeared, aircon & heating packed up so some parts there need replacing and passenger-side window doesn't move. Inside also needs some care. Over the last 14 years I've spent a LOT on engine repairs etc. but can no longer afford to replace/repair it. LOVE the car - still goes on ticking perfectly but would like to sell preferably to someone who would genuinely spent time and love on it to bring it back to its former glory - as it deserves it! Parts seem to be relatively easily found at reasonable prices on this or local national MB forums - something I wished I'd known before and saved on Mercedes prices! Up for any reasonable offer (they are genuinely rare as you all will know) - and making it very clear that it needs work on it (just got two new front tyres though!) cosmetically (and the aircon & window) but runs a treat. Anyone interested let me know and I'll send more detailed photos - not hiding anything!
Just figured out the photo upload - only have one on laptop right now - mañana ó pasado...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
To any of those of you who may be interested in this car, I will be in Spain for 2.5 weeks beginning next Tuesday and could probably give it a look over. I'd also likely be able to take it to a port for shipping as well.

Let me know, I'd be glad to help someone bring this over to the US.

#9 ·
It's a 14-digit number:10702612000247 and according to autohauz.com year is not identifiable on these models. According to Wikipedia only 1,636 450SLCs and 1,133 500SLCs were ever manufactured over a ten-year period with production of the 500SLC ending in 1981. Go figure...

#10 ·
Seen all that long gone - my car documentation says it's a 1978 500SLC, so guess the Germans screwed up when they wrote the date! Whatever... Someone's apparently coming over to the Costa del Sol next week and he knows hoe to get in touch with me and maybe an American-in-person can clarify this European anomaly and this teacher-student stuff can stop - OK?

#15 ·
For what it is worth .....I have a gray market 450slc with all the import papers .....and complete history of ownership.While reading all the transfer paperwork, shipping company as well as registration papers from California , I found the car declared as a 1978 ,1979 450slc and at times 500slc. Therefore I personally not surprised to read about any confusion with regard to exact year of production. I think you need to absolutely go by the VIN number and not what some title or paperwork have recorded it as.
The best part of this forum is that we are all students .......the best part of BENZWORLD is that we all learn. I havent come across anyone talking down to another.We all have the same benz passion. I cant wait to see some interior pix of this car myself.
Its( VIN is 10702612000389) my title say 79 .....but according to # its really a 78.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.