LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: SLR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to AMGViper
Are you kidding? Those rims are worth $600 in shitty condition. In good condition they're worth minimum $800. Refurbished, $1000-$1200.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2012
Vehicle: Mercades Benz CLS550 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGViper View Post
Are you kidding? Those rims are worth $600 in shitty condition. In good condition they're worth minimum $800. Refurbished, $1000-$1200.
I did not know that but they are for sale at $300 I just do not want to get into shipping them. It is a "Clean out the garage"sale! Just do not need them and hope someone else will enjoy them. I really did not look into the going rates but I appreciate you letting me know this is a good deal.

31MM front and 35MM rear offset by the way.

Mark
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 10:24 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: Tercel
Yes, they're a killer deal indeed. But the seller wants to sell them at the price he thinks that's fair.
Quote:

Last edited by E55mocha; 04-14-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: corrected grammar.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 02:08 PM
w108,107 Parts Hoarder

Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 4Keep:450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG 2sell:500sl92 380se83 300se86 350sl4sp 75slc MorInSig
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1625 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
These tires http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale...-z4-tires.html look like they'd be a great match for these wheels.

And they are even in the same city. Go figure.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 04 E500; 00 SL500 Sport/Pano; 94 E420; 92 500E; 92 300CE; 81 380SL
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
LOL

Quote:
What's the purpose of your post?

A- Make the seller feel foolish

B- Encourage the seller to cancel the deal and raise his price

C- Piss off the Buyer because it's only right that he should be paying more

D- All of the above......

Seriously, E55mocha has been a Benzworld member since 2007 with 470ish posts.

Any good reason to screw up a sale for a fellow seasoned BW member who is buying from a noob (only here to sell parts), member?

The only good reason I can think of, is if I think the seller is scamming...

Although your basic ideas are sound, I don't agree with your optimistic prices myself... maybe a couple of years ago.... the truth is somewhere in-between and it's geographic as well with no shipping involved....

You had the option of offering $600 yourself if you thought that was fair...

This is why I do all my money negotiations via PM and email only....

Finally, this is just a maverick sale that comes along once and a while, it's not a trend setter... so don't worry about the value of your personal AMG wheels, I'm not and I own far too many sets of them as it is..... (I caught the hideous AMG wheel disease from Rich..)

This is just my opinion, I'm sure there are a thousand more out there...

SL's & 124's
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 10:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: SLR
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to AMGViper
Quote:
What's the purpose of your post?
I don't know what your deal is, but the purpose of the post is to give the seller some insight in regards to the fair market resale value of those specific rims.

Many AMG rims are legitimately worth $300 - not these. It was a suggestion and note. As he stated, he, "did not know that" the rims were worth a minimum of $600, but chose to keep them at the current price just to get rid of them. I recently bought a set after doing research and price analysis and know the pricing I posted is anything but optimistic... it's a fair market value in which people are willing to pay and have recently paid.

Your comments of, "maybe a few years ago" and "geographical" are very ambiguous and broad. Do you even have a clue what these rims are worth now? Or what they're off of? The years? You could potentially apply "maybe a few years ago" to any used rims. That doesn't mean price will always decline or hold value very well. Some AMG rims have appreciated in value versus depreciated in recent years.

Furthermore, geographical differences really don't matter these days. It did when the internet wasn't around and finding sellers was difficult for some places without it. Considering he isn't willing to ship - that alone may decrease the price. But he is able to market via the internet; prices shouldn't drop 50% because of that alone.

Lastly, a "deal" has not been made with anyone. A deal is a binding agreement on a particular transaction - none such has been made yet.

Quote:
The only good reason I can think of, is if I think the seller is scamming...
Unlikely...when you have to physically meet the guy in person to complete the transaction...cash for rims. I find it humorous that according to you (based on nothing) I tried, "to make the seller feel foolish," but you'll sit there and directly call the seller a scammer (again, based on nothing). Really? Bro, if you've got some input into the sale or price of the rims - offer it. He doesn't need your personal attacks in his thread.

Last edited by AMGViper; 04-14-2012 at 10:55 AM.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 04 E500; 00 SL500 Sport/Pano; 94 E420; 92 500E; 92 300CE; 81 380SL
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
You've missed the point again

I just erased your comments, but that's OK, really don't need the blow by blow, point-counterpoint stuff..

Yes I own a set of these wheels, had them for 3 years and I paid the numbers you were speaking about back then... So I know what they are and what the market value for most wheels are in general..

But that's not the point... If you were bidding up the sale because you had an genuine interest we wouldn't be exchanging thoughts right now...

I may be wrong here, but it appeared to me that a buyer had committed, and the seller was motivated and committed as well...

Your posts timing was after that fact, which could have potentially ended the deal..

My observation is still the same, why try to screw up a sale just because you feel the buyer should pay more money? It wasn't a secret, every member that viewed that post probably thought what a good deal that was.

We also still disagree on geography, if the seller lives in LA and says local pickup, the potential amount of buyers is significantly larger than the plains of Nebraska, more buyers = higher pricing, few buyers = less competition and most likely lower price

Very simply, things are worth what folks will pay under normal circumstances, some times the circumstances are not normal and the going price is going to change as well...

Answer this, since you didn't address it, (it is the point), do you want the buyer who is a seasoned BW member to pay more for these wheels to the noob member who came here only to sell us something, will that make your day go better?

I have a guarded opinion on Noob members, whose only reason to join is to sell us something. Sometimes it's OK, sometimes not, whatever the situation, my favor will lean towards a seasoned Member under most circumstances including this one..

The poster should have just posted a question in the for sale section, like others do from time to time. "Whats my Wheels Worth?"

If he had done that, and you had responded as you did, I would have probably agreed with you for the most part.

But the seller didn't do the smart thing, he just threw them up for grabs at a price he could live with to make the sale quick...

But since there was already dialog going back and forth I minded my own business. I also agree that they were sold low, but unlike you, I have no intention of screwing up the guys purchase... god knows there are enough noob's here that scam seasoned members from time to time...

PS: just reread your post above, I'm not accusing the seller of scamming, The point isn't over a scam, cause it's pick up in person, and doesn't apply. smoke and mirrors

SL's & 124's

Last edited by Aero I; 04-14-2012 at 07:22 PM.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2012
Vehicle: Mercades Benz CLS550 2008
(Thread Starter)
Okay guys no fighting I understand both parties here and I figured $300 was all I wanted since they need work and not looking to make any trouble just sell some wheels to make room in garage. I appreciate all the comments and I did sell them to someone on this forum so I do hope a fellow Benzworld guy enjoys them.

Thanks,
Mark
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 12:04 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: Tercel
+1. No hostile arguments folks.

I admit from the beginning that it was a great deal to begin with. So I acted on it. Having said that, I am the Benzworld member who bought this set of wheels. Hoping to get it in 7-10 days since it will be shipped via UPS ground. Thanks to Mark (aka DudesCLS) for shipping this.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudesCLS View Post
Okay guys no fighting I understand both parties here and I figured $300 was all I wanted since they need work and not looking to make any trouble just sell some wheels to make room in garage. I appreciate all the comments and I did sell them to someone on this forum so I do hope a fellow Benzworld guy enjoys them.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by E55mocha; 04-16-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: grammar
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 01:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Rob,
I am glad you got them. If they were still available on Sunday, I was going to see if I could drive over and pick them up. Not that I need another set of wheels...or tires, but that was an awesome deal. Just picked up a set of w210 wheels in Jackson, MI a few weeks ago. It was a nice sunday drive

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in