Can you tell me where these wires run to and from. What lengths do you need them in? I'm heading out to a salvage yard this Saturday and might just cut out some for you if they are easily accessible.
Thanks for any help in this project.
Most of the "big" red wires (2.5mm2) (Red/Black/White, Red/Yellow/xxxxx, etc.) run from the fuse box.
If the car has heated seats look at power to the relay unit, it will have Red/White, Red/Black and Red/Yellow.
I can use, in 3ft lenghts or so minimum, ANY Red/Yellow, Red/Black AND any Red Tricolor (Red/Black/White, etc.) that is 2.5mm2
On the 500E.....
At the battery in the trunk where the battery cable is... along the battery cable runs a red 10mm2 wire to the computer module on the right side of the engine compartment. It is in some black tubing.
1) There is a clip, you need to remove the grey panel covering the gas tank - it pulls out. Remove the clip.
2) You MAY have to remove the rear seat. The cushion pulls out after you push down the two red tabs. the back part is held on by 3 bolts, one on each side and one in the center.
3) Pull the cable into the back seat. In the plastic tubing there MAY be a wire for the fuel pump, pull that out.
4) Under the dash there MAY be another clip. Around that clip cut the wire. If you have more time you can take the CAN module out, etc. It's a PITA.
5) Once the wire is cut you will be able to pull it out from the back seat.
You MAY have to cut some clips or plastic ties so bring a sizzors or wire cutters.
This should take around 10-15 minutes total.
This will get you around 10 feet of wire, which is about what I need.
Of course I expect to pay you for your time in addition to the wire.
PM sent with my phone number