LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1985 300D Parts for sale

I have an injection pump KNOWN TO WORK PROPERLY- $100- does not have primer pump on it

I have a set of injection lines $15.00

I have two auxiliary/ac electric cooler fans $25.00 each

I have a oil filter housing $10.00

I have the lower end of the engine (housing and oil pan) $50.00

I have a thermostat housing ($5.00)

I have a starter that will spin when powered, but never had it on an engine $35.00

I bought up some parts putting a car back together and these are the extras! All prices are plus actual shipping cost. Let me know if i can help you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: '84 Euro V123 Langversion, '84 and '85 300SD, '70 911S, '76 930
Worth a try...

I need the arms that attatch to the engine shocks, shocks too I think. I'm putting a 126 into my 123 Langversion. It has an '84 Euro engine, so no shocks. Let me know if you have these.

Thanks,
Andrew
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 pullman View Post
I need the arms that attatch to the engine shocks, shocks too I think. I'm putting a 126 into my 123 Langversion. It has an '84 Euro engine, so no shocks. Let me know if you have these.

Thanks,
Andrew
So you mean the arms that bolt to the block and have the hole through the middle through which the engine shocks fucntion and are bolted to? If so, i have the one's off of the 83 or 84 engine that i scrappped. I can possibly take pics and send to you if you pm an email address.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

Thanks,
Andrew
So you mean the arms that bolt to the block and have the hole through the middle through which the engine shocks fucntion and are bolted to? If so, i have the one's off of the 83 or 84 engine that i scrappped. I can possibly take pics and send to you if you pm an email address.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 06:42 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Yes

That's exactly what I wanted. I need the arms (as they've been called on this forum) and associated bolts. From what I've read here, the ones on a 300SD need to be swapped out with those from a 300D, when putting a 126 engine into a 123. Its all news to me, as my '84 300D Langversion (NA Euro engine) didn't have them. Other than the shocks, do you know of anything else from this engine shock assembly that I'd need? Haven't yet looked to see how the shocks mount on the bottom. Sorry for my ignorance, I'm a Porsche guy. The photos would be fine, but I don't really care about over-all condition as long as they're not bent.

Thanks again...
73carrera@live.com
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
That's exactly what I wanted. I need the arms (as they've been called on this forum) and associated bolts. From what I've read here, the ones on a 300SD need to be swapped out with those from a 300D, when putting a 126 engine into a 123. Its all news to me, as my '84 300D Langversion (NA Euro engine) didn't have them. Other than the shocks, do you know of anything else from this engine shock assembly that I'd need? Haven't yet looked to see how the shocks mount on the bottom. Sorry for my ignorance, I'm a Porsche guy. The photos would be fine, but I don't really care about over-all condition as long as they're not bent.

Thanks again...
73carrera@live.com
I'll digg them out for photos tomorrow. I don't think i have the bolts that hold them in, but i'll check it out. My only concern would be that the length may or may not interchange. I could make no garauntees there. I'd be happy to measure them if that would help. I put my 85 back together without the shocks. It seems to be doing fine. there is a 2-bolt flange on the top side and the bottom shaft of the shock has a single nut that holds it on.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

I need to go out in the morning to see what the bottom of the shock actually mounts to in my 300SD. Not sure if I need a bottom mount as well. Some say the shocks are just a comfort item for shutting the motor off, others say they're essential. Who knows?

Since both cars take the same engine and its going into a 300D, the length should be fine. From what I've read, the 300SD's won't work. I understand "no guarantees", I ask you for them, so its on me. Also the bolts which hold the shock mount in my 300SD currently, can certainly be used to hold the 300D shock mount replacements. So I don't need the bolts...wasn't thinking.

Oh yeah, when I said if they're not bent, that came out wrong. Didn't mean you'd sell me bad ones. Just meant if they're functional, I'll take them. Don't trouble yourself with any photos. I couldn't find a single diagram or picture here to go by. So I wouldn't know them if I saw them. And have no idea what length I need. How heavy are they? I hope shipping doesn't kill me.

Andrew
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I need to go out in the morning to see what the bottom of the shock actually mounts to in my 300SD. Not sure if I need a bottom mount as well. Some say the shocks are just a comfort item for shutting the motor off, others say they're essential. Who knows?

Since both cars take the same engine and its going into a 300D, the length should be fine. From what I've read, the 300SD's won't work. I understand "no guarantees", I ask you for them, so its on me. Also the bolts which hold the shock mount in my 300SD currently, can certainly be used to hold the 300D shock mount replacements. So I don't need the bolts...wasn't thinking.

Oh yeah, when I said if they're not bent, that came out wrong. Didn't mean you'd sell me bad ones. Just meant if they're functional, I'll take them. Don't trouble yourself with any photos. I couldn't find a single diagram or picture here to go by. So I wouldn't know them if I saw them. And have no idea what length I need. How heavy are they? I hope shipping doesn't kill me.

Andrew
Sorry I didn't get back to u. My daughter broke her arm. 5.5 hours in er etc etc waiting on cut up and shot up gang bangers to get seen to. I'll get to finding them soon!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 10:00 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Do what you need to...there's no hurry whatsoever. Won't need them for several months. So sorry to hear about your daughter. Best wishes. Get back to me whenever everything settles back down.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Bump to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in