post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle: 2 W123 300D's and 3 W124 wagons
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1983 MB Tech Manual

Recently one of these was sold, on the superturbodiesel.com forum, by one forum member to another. But first it passed through my hands, and I scanned the whole thing --all 571 pages of it.

It's about the size of a very thick pocket bible. Covers Model 107 as of 01/1980, Model 123 as of 01/1980, Model 126 as of 01/80, and Model 201 as of start of production (all updated to January 1983 date of publication).

Contents, first page:

An example page:

Directory view of first 100 scans:

Directory view of second 100 scans:

Directory view of third 100 scans:

Directory view of fourth small batch of scans:

I am wondering how much interest there would be in my offering the complete scanned tech data manual for sale. Each two-page scan is a 25 MB .pnm file, and I did duplicate a few two-page scans where one section ends on the left page and a new section begins on the right page, so the whole thing is 9 GB in size. I could put it on two DVD's.

Note: this is not OCR'ed, it is just a plain scan, at 3485 x 2560 pixels (so, about half that as the actual page area) on my Canon MP210 multifunction, using XSane.

Here's a screen capture. On a 19-inch monitor, no doubt at all of the numbers:

Even not OCR'ed, using the table of contents and alphabetical index this is *tons* easier than attempting to use the bound volume. Especially for those of us who need reading glasses! --the bound volume has *exceedingly* fine print.

If there would be enough interest at $10 per two-DVD set, I will contact the copyright holders, MB of North America and MB Canada, and see if I can get permission to distribute it.

Last edited by JustPassinThru; 04-07-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: added resolution information and screen capture
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: