It is always sorta sad to see a seller so emotionally and financially tied to a custom build that they cannot face hard facts:
1. You've had this car listed since March both here and on MB World and have had pleanty of kind and unkind posters tell you your car isn't worth anywhere near the current asking price (let alone the original $60k fantasy figure)
2. 03 is the first and MOST trouble prone year of the SL55
3. Modded cars recover at best about 10% of the cost of the parts IF you can find someone who likes everything you did. What you paid in labor you get 0% back on.
3. Your car is up against many stock and mildly modded cars with less miles for low $30k all day long.
4. Trade it to Carmax
??? Give me a break. They will happily buy your car outright with no trade today. You can go out and drive there right now and they will hand you a quote to buy it no strings attached. Go ahead, I dare you. If they'll even make you and offer with the mods I'll kiss you *ss if you can show us a written offer north of $30k.
5. The Chrysler warranty IS very good. I had one on an 04 S55 highly modded and it paid for itself many times over for the suspension reapirs. BUT, I also know they stopped allowing indy shops to do the work and have cracked down hard on the dealers before they'll allow work. I know for fact (good friend works for Chrysler) that if your car has any engine trouble they will walk away. Most likley also for tranny or drive train as they will claim mods caused wear. So, you warranty IS valuable for non drivetrain but won't be worth spit for drivetrain.
Not trying to be rude or flame you, just speaking truth. You have on a very good day a mid 30s used car to the right buyer and they are going to be hard to find. Please get real of just stop posting it and wasting everyone's time (including your own).
Oh, and IF I am going to buy a modded car I am buying a Renntech or Kleemann. That way I get something with a comapny standing behind the parts that can provide a replacement if needed. Your custom guy may be fabulous but as you take great pains to point out, it is a one of a kind (i.e. no replacemnt parts easily sourced when something breaks) another NEGATIVE.
Find a buyer at 35k and run to the bank!