post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 79 240D, 83 300D Manual 4spd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 1976 W115 240D Parts

This is my parts car that is reaching the end of usefulness for me. But before it is sent to the crushing yard I thought I'd see if anyone needed some parts.

Transmission and related pedals are gone.
Engine had too low a compression for me to get it started and has since been left with the valve cover off for a year or two.
One half-shaft missing from rear.
Grill pretty banged up.
Lots of rust but if you want me to check a specific body panel I can.

On the bright side the things I know it does have:
  1. Glove box that appears to all be working, and the cardboard box itself seems to be in perfect shape. (light cover inside is now gone)
  2. Door handles seem to be in decent shape.
  3. Passenger mirror. (gone)
  4. Cut out floor from another vehicle for the back seat where your feet would go that is not rusted out (guess the PO was going to weld it in).
  5. Fuel tank is currently full of fuel so it probably doesn't have too much rust build up on the inside, can't say for sure though.
  6. Tail lights are both in tact however the left one has that internal cracking that makes it look bad.
  7. Interior door panels look OK.
  8. Vents in the dash appear OK.
  9. Rear seat looks to be in decent condition.
  10. Starting/glow switch worked last I tried it.
  11. Ignition lock cylinder worked and it has a key.
  12. Turn signal indicator arm is in trunk, I assume this works and the one on the steering column doesn't.
  13. Glass save for windshield looks good.
  14. I believe I have the Mercedes star from the hood stashed somewhere if someone is interested in it.
  15. Doors all shut nicely, better than my other two Mercedes Diesels. So I guess the strikers are in good condition.
  16. Passenger seat is not originally from this car, and it is hard horsehair when you sit down. The padding is all worn out I guess. No drivers seat to speak of unless you want a frame from a 1979 that I have stored in there.
  17. I'd have to go check but I think the trim all the way around is in good shape, I wouldn't want to pull this myself or ship it but if someone was in the area and wanted it...

So yes, here are a few pictures.
1976 Mercedes 240D

Shoot me a PM if you are interested in anything. Or just want to buy the whole car off me. I figure I'd get about 300 from the scrap yard so if you bring your trailer or tow dolly and want to take it home for that price please do!

Last edited by Fourthbean; 01-16-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Parts have been bought.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 79 240D, 83 300D Manual 4spd
(Thread Starter)
Few things I noticed that appear good when pulling parts today.

Climate control blower motor.
Climate control switches.
Radiator fan (electric).
Water pump.
Power steering pump.
Oil cooler.
Windshield washer pump (manual on drivers floorboard).
Windshield washer resevoir.

I'm trying to be very reasonable with prices as i plan to have this car in a junk yard within a week or so. I'm shipping with USPS priority so most small parts will fit into a 5 dollar box.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 10:09 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 1982 MB 240D (automatic)
JW, is the upper oil pan on this the same as an '82 240D?
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: