post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Dec 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
06 Mercedes R500 for sale

$17000 OBO.

2006 Mercedes R500, pewter color with black leather interior. Panoramic sunroof, navigation, park assist (both front and rear), Harman Kardon sound system and two keys (one is newer style and was $240).

The R500 has the 8 cylinder motor unlike the R350 that uses the 6 cylinder motor, with much more horsepower which is nice considering the weight of the car and best part is the mpg is almost the same.

It has never been in an accident of any sort, and is in good condition with normal dings expected on a used car. The only exception is the front and rear bumpers have some areas of clear coat peeling and a small ding in the hood (pictures show these areas). I spoke to my local paint/body shop and he said no more than $500 to fix it all....we have had the car a year and never worried about it (and my wife if pretty picky!).

Tires are General Grabber HTS, with 75-80% tread left (purchased 1 year ago, approx 13000 miles on car since that time).

Brakes were replaced 6 months ago.

History on car: 1st owner was a professional athlete in NJ, car was leased for his wife and driven for 2 years. Sold at auction to 2nd owner who drove it from 2008-2010 and traded it in for a Porsche Carrera. Car was then purchased by a dealer at auction, who I then purchased the car from. Since my ownership, car has had all regular service completed, including timely oil changes. We are only selling the car because our family has grown by one in the past few months and its time to upsize.

Car has just returned from Mercedes dealership for service and a complete run through...so there is nothing needed on car for at least 5,000 miles (oil change etc), and has a clean bill of health.

I own the car outright and have the title in hand.

Car is not being driven daily at this point. Wife has new car so the mileage will not/should not change.

All reasonable offers will be considered, please email if you would like to make one. Please dont waste my time or yours with low-ball offers...they will not be answered. I have considered condition, miles and the warranty and feel my asking price is more than fair. (See black book (if you can get your hands on one) to check estimated price at auction (Manheim etc)....Similar cars on Auto Trader are listed at $19,900 and above without a warranty, black book estimate is 20,500.

Thanks for looking. Pictures available upon request.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: