I'm thinking I need to cut back one of my projects to make room for a new one... Here's the baby that I think gets the axe.
1984 300TD Wagon, blue on blue.
I understood it to be somewhere near 209k, I expect it has closer to 325k. Car runs great, better then my daily driver, honestly. I've been working over the whole car slowly, purchasing parts for the SLS suspension (which is now working) and rebuilding it piece by piece.
- New SLS high pressure hose
- New SLS struts on both sides
- SLS fluid receiving engine oil - have rebuild kit from merc source, will include.
- SLS valve not leaking, but have rebuild kit for it, included.
- I've got 5 or 6 of the SLS fluid for the flush when doing the pump rebuild.
- Replaced horrible wood with very clean wood. Still could use some TLC/replacement on a couple of pieces.
- Brand new Bosche Glow plugs (80009) for all 5 cyl.
- Many vacuum parts replaced, some fresh lines & rubber where required. All door locks / vents work!
- Aftermarket CD player with Aux in - Not my doing, but sounds acceptable.
- New axleshafts
- Dash cover to cover the cracked blue dash - I didn't even realize when one of these was on my buddy's car, not ugly at all. Forms all the way around the air bezzles, etc.
- All windows work!
- Have rear struts for hatch, haven't done yet.
- Roof rack cross bars
- MINT euro headlights out of a car with like 45k mi (non vacuum adjust)
- EGR Blockoff kit (included, not installed yet)
I currently have aftermarket 15" wheels on it with Studded Nokian Hakkapellita snows. I'd actually prefer to keep those wheels, but I'd let it go if it was a dealbreaker for someone. The original bundt wheels I put on brand new all seasons (under 1k miles on them, done this summer)
This car must have been in the south due to the cracks in the original dash.
This car was GOING to be my daily driver. I just purchased the SLS pump rebuild kit and fluid swap under 2 weeks ago. I've just suddenly had a new project drop in my lap that I'd rather tackle right now, so this one should go to someone who wants to carry it on! I'm sure there's things I'm forgetting that I've already done. Let me know if you think my pricing is way out of whack.
$2500 with the wheels (and longer lug bolts to fit, no spacers required)
$2100 with the bundts
Located in 06281 (Northeast CT)
Come get it before it snows!