1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.6 (VIN WDBDA29D3LF669055). 2.6L inline-6 engine/4-speed automatic transmission. 139K miles. Original Champagne metallic paint with Palomino M-B Tex (tan leatherette) interior. 3rd owner, well maintained, reliable, excellent running and driving car. Factory options include air conditioning, power windows, locks, mirrors & seat, anti-lock brakes, cruise control, driver’s side airbag. Aftermarket features: remote start, AM/FM/CD stereo, radar detector and car-phone.
The original owner lived in Florida. She sold it to her granddaughter who later drove it to Michigan. The current owner (friend of mine) bought this vehicle from the granddaughter in 2001 when it had 78k miles on it. The current owner has averaged 6k miles/year on it since 2001. It has been expertly maintained by Karl Heinz Auto Center in Troy (independent Mercedes-Benz mechanic) and has been garaged for most of its life. The car is very clean for its age and runs & drives very well. It is for sale because my friend just bought a new SUV.
• Shiny paint – never any paint or body work
• Very solid body - only 1 rust scab on driver's rear quarter (see pictures).
• Nearly everything on the car works (see issues list below)
• Very clean interior; non-smoking owners
• Engine oil has been changed every 3 months regardless of mileage
• Owner has always used premium fuel (as recommended by M-B)
• No fluid leaks
• New American Platinum 185/65R15 all-season tires in 2010
• New front brakes in 2009
• Factory jack, tools and first aid kit are included.
• Omega MARS key fob with remote start, lock & unlock functions
• Insignia NS-C311 AM/FM/CD/MP3/CD-R/CD-RW stereo with auxiliary jack for iPod and removable face
• Built-in Vector 3R IRT radar detector mounted in ashtray. This detects X, Ka and K radar bands. It comes on and off with the ignition.
• Mitsubishi console-mounted car phone (when was the last time you saw one?). The phone works: it currently does not have a service plan, but the owner states it is functional for 911 calls if needed.
• Electronic version of the Mercedes-Benz 190E service manual is included on CD-ROM.
All older cars have a few issues & quirks; these are listed below.
• No heat or defrost because the heater core needs to be replaced. It is currently bypassed so the vehicle can be driven (heater core available from Rockauto.com for $76).
• Brake wear warning light is coming on intermittently. The front brakes were replaced approx. 12k miles ago, we suspect one of the brake pad wear sensors is flaking out (these are $2/each from Rockauto.com).
• The exhaust has a pin-hole leak (barely noticeable)
• Sunroof occasionally sticks
• Passenger rear door external door handle works intermittently. The interior door handle always works.
• Power antenna does not work
• Minor scratches in paint (it is 21 years old after all)
• On the radio, only the right side speakers work
• Grill has minor damage and a piece of trim that is missing
This car has been VERY reliable: I would not hesitate to drive it across the country. With a few repairs, it should be a reliable car for another 100k miles. Please follow this link to see 58 pictures of this car: http://photobucket.com/M-B_190E_26
Price = $2000 SOLD 11/25/2011
. Thanks for the interest!