BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 1994 S500 LWB, 1970 220D, 1994 E320, 1992 JAGUAR XJ6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1977 Mercedes 230 carb $2200 OBO

Hello there

Up for sale is a classic Mercedes Benz 230, Carburetted (Stromberg 175 CD) 4 Cylinder M115.954 Engine. It is all Original and In pretty good shape mechanically. This car came into my possession at a critical time and has proved to be very reliable. I got it from Knesset IA and it has been in and around Mason IA from brand new. The last Owner had it for the past 23 years. When I got it i proceeded to go through it mechanically and perform all service that needed to be done including:

New Ignition coil,
front brake rotors and pads,
Bearing service,
new wheel bearing seals (front),
new spark plugs and wires,
new transmission fluid,
new differential fluid
new brake fluid
changed engine oil and filter
Adjusted timing to factory specs 10 deg BTDC
flushed power steering system and installed new filter and fluid.
new wiper blades.
Drivers door striker

I should mention that I am an automotive service technician with a focus on Mercedes Benz. I work on Mercedes more than any other kind of vehicle. So you can be sure You ll be buying a good car.
The only thing that isn't complimentary is the rust on the lower body panels of the car which is to be expected considering it has been in IA since new.
The other two things are, the odometer doesn't work. I planned to fix it and I even bought the tools for it, however between school and work, I haven't had the opportunity to fix it. I will be including the instrument cluster removal tools with the sale of the car. Cruise control doesnt work, it is probably the amp, i will try to fix it but no guarantees due to time available to me. I have a clean title in hand and in my name

Also worth mentioning is that the car was painted sometime in the early 90s and thats why the body paint isn't as bad as most other cars of this vintage out there. it comes complete with full size spare, tool kit, owners manual and first aid kit. Radio has been replaced with a cassette player before i got it. The speakers could stand to be changed.
The heat is Excellent and it had the unconverted A/C system R12 which doesn't work right now. Previous owners told me that it needed a recharge but the decided not to fix it since they never use the A/C much in IA. My recommendation will be to fix the leak then put R-12 or some suitable substitute in the system. Freeze 12 is known to work good. This would be the cheapest most effective way to get it working again. the Grille was recently smashed in by dumb pheasants on my last trip the the black hills SD, i will leave that for the new owner to fix
Drive belts are newer and all rubber boots and fuel lines, pretty much all rubber has been changed. New valve cover gasket also.

I am selling because I have some critical projects that need to be completed before the snow flies, think Home improvement
If you are interested in this fine W123 example. pretty rare indeed considering they weren't very many 230 with Carbs sold in 77 before they went to fuel injection the next year.. This is a good base for some proper restoration work.

call seven zero one double five two zero double eight one for more details if interested.

Please note that this is a 34 year old car that is being marketed as a reliable daily driver and NOT a show car to nit pick at with your buddies at the country club Delivery options can be discussed based on distance and other factors, Those of you around Denver CO, i will be coming your way in two weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0886.jpg
Views:	2027
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	408713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0894.jpg
Views:	2717
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	408714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0892.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	408715  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in