Are you looking for a 1981 300 disel wagon ? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Are you looking for a 1981 300 disel wagon ?

I had a friend stop over tonight with a 210K mile 1981 diesel wagon that he will bring back to me Thurs/Fri so I can sell it for him.

I expect the car to be around $4K, but that is for him to decide when he brings it back.

PM me if you're interested in photo's and details of the car when I get it back from him Thurs/Fri.

Right now I will send photo's and followup to your email, I do not have time to draft a full presentation here.

You're either interested in a good running original diesel "daily driver type" or you're not. This is not the $16K like new 100K miler, and this is not the 200K-300K junk that gets offered on eBay

White with tan MBtex interio, seats look great except I haven't sat in them yet to check for springs..

Car is all original except the engine hood pad was replaced by sheet material rather than OEM hood pad, and also a Sony CD deck, assume original head unit not with the car.

All manuals. All original glass. All lenses great shape. All chrome trim. The 2 power windows I checked worked well. All rubber seals good-to-very-good condition. Interior is VG presentable condition except worn fabric rope trim around driver's side and passenger side door.

Florida car now in Arkansas (made that run 2 months ago with zero problems).

No smoke on startup and no smoke at full throttle.

No fluid leaks that I saw.

The small issues I saw with the car when I briefly looked at it tonight:

Paint worn but serviceable. Not thick oxidized like most eBay cars, and not glossy or waxed, like oxidized non-waxed "au natural" I would call the paint condition.

Needs replacement rubber air filter mount, air filter bounces a bit too much, mount is there I think just the rubber will need replacement.

3 small rust surface "bubble" spots all the size of a quarter each: two below each side of the rear rain gutter at the tail, and one rear top roof.
The only other issue, I see that the car was once hit driver's side front nose fender some years ago. Fender and front work looks good, however however headlight and front hood that side somewhat off, like "squished" headlight gasket. Driver's door needs adjustment to close "best" like a MB should.

3 small rust spots I saw all surface each the size of a quarter each: one below each side of the rear rain gutter, and one spot I saw on roof.

Small sag in rear suspension but nowhere near as low as I have seen many same age.

A great daily driver, with a little interior fix a great daily driver. A bit of fender and door realignment a great body, add fresh paint if you want a stunning loks-like new exterior classic.

Again, at this time I do NOT plan to do up a sales post here.

PM me if you're interested in the car, and the final $4K+ price the seller decides will be firm which will be a GREAT value for the right buyer for a salt free car.

Terry Fabbri
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: