What makes this car so incredibly rare and special is the AMG-enhanced 2.3-16v engine – ask any expert out there, they’ll tell you that it doesn’t even exist; that AMG never built one. I have documented evidence of the AMG-ness of this car, and I bought it earlier this year from the original owner.
1. Documented AMG – I have the original AMG receipt with the VIN that matches the car (see pics).
2. Original condition with service records verifying the 50,000 miles. Original paint – no accidents and no door dings. Always garaged. Always loved. One owner from 1985 to 2011.
3. Euro version with higher compression engine, dogleg manual transmission, adjusting headlights, and manual euro climate control.
4. New Continental tires; smooth even at high speeds.
5. Runs and drives excellent – tracks straight under cruising and braking. All fluids just changed.
6. Interior in excellent condition – no stains, no tears, no dash cracks.
7. Engine fast and smooth. No engine or transmission leaks (see pic).
8. Everything except AC works (see below).
1. AC is missing compressor; everything else there. Has been disassembled for a long while when compressor failed on original owner. Blower works, controls work, heater works.
2. Rust – has rust bubbles on front wings (see pics); common to factory 16v body kits, I’m afraid. Minimal rust elsewhere on body (see pics), but none in jack holes, lower corners, under the doors, or on the rockers.
3. Vacuum lines are disconnected from the headlights.
The car currently resides under a cover in an airplane hangar in West Houston. Title is clear and in my possession - have all service records from previous owner and myself. Selling because I have too much crap - nine cars right now. Can't sell the w126 because I'm too attached to it, just bought a '94 wagon to haul kids/dogs and for general mayhem, and no one wants my '65 pickup yet b/c it needs a boatload of money thrown at it. All this stuff is living at the airport hanger, and it's time to 'move something out' to lower my sanity level. If I was collector-dude, I'd keep in a corner and put 500 miles a year on it, but really, that's silly. I drive everything I own, but there's just no room or time for me to drive three Mercedes, three daily drivers, a classic truck, a really cool CJ, and a race car.
$13,000 - pretty damn firm on it. Don't need the money.
MORE PICS: 16v For Sale pictures by tetontayton - Photobucket