LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Mar 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Beware of seller

I know this guy has been on here, there is legal action being taken against him in the GTI forums I frequent, ripped off a ton of people.

P2SPEC is the latest "shop" which has brought the issues - but on here he goes by mig888 and previously Flip@CarLABs (I do NOT know his affiliation repping with CarLabs or that company, just that its the same guy). Just be careful dealing with him, or if you HAVE and had a bad experience read below -

Good morning all,

Yesterday I had a series of conversations with Ben to try to get to a resolution. Specifically, I offered to help him come up with a payment plan to reimburse the victimized individuals over time. He refused that request and continued to deny his involvement even though he contradicted himself multiple times. I issued him one last request last night around 4:30 PM PST and he has declined to respond. Unfortunately he had many chances to own up and make this right with loss only of his reputation and has decided not to. Further action must be taken.

Ben/P2Spec are located in Orange County CA which has a strong Consumer Protection Unit within the District Attorney's office. In order to be sure it is handled in a an appropriate manner (a Felony based on the amount that appears to be outstanding) there are some steps to take.

FIRST go to this site: Welcome to the Orange County DA Office - How to Report
THEN Download and fill out in pen COMPLETELY AND NEATLY the "Consumer Complaint Form."
THEN scan a copy to me (mcginlep AT gmail DOT com) (also keep a copy for yourself)
THEN mail it to:
Attn: Consumer Protection Unit
Orange County District Attorney’s Office
401 Civic Center Dr. W
Santa Ana, CA 92701

They need a PHYSICAL copy so it must be mailed/ups/fedex.

This will be a process so continue to run down your refutes/charge-backs with Pay Pal or your Credit Card Company. Getting your money back via prosecution can take a while.

Here is the VW thread
DO NOT BUY FROM P2SPEC (! - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum -
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 03:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Mar 2011
Vehicle: Timeship, see you yesterday, but you already knew that.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Top five reasons I posted in your topic:

1. You're talking about god, there has never been any god of any kind. EVER!

2. I just have a general dislike of you.

3. I am trying to tell you how to fix your Mercedes and you are not listening.

4. I'm flirting with Jody.

5. You're just to dumb to own a Mercedes, and should go buy a Honda.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 07:23 PM
CH4S Artist
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by TC_ View Post
I know this guy has been on here, there is legal action being taken against him ....
What is his username here?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
(Thread Starter)
Sorry guys I should have introduced myself - I've been on here a while as a lurker, I am a regular over at Peachparts and BenzObsession--not really a poster on here since my MBs are older and BW is more tailored to recent models, PP is very technical (my most frequented forum) but felt it was necessary to alert you either way. His username was mig888 and Flip@CarLABs on here, looks like it has been a little while since he's been active but still worth the warning. I didn't realize FocalPoint had created another thread about PS2PEC/PYSPEED when I made this one. One of the posters on the GTI forum mentioned (after a google search) that he frequented MB, BMW, and Audi forums. Since I recently went from MBs (1990 300E, 2x 1982 300SDs, still have all of them) to a GTI I figured I'd leverage some of my knowledge of the online MB community to see if anyone has had contact and lost money due to this scammer. Even if one person is out a few hundred bucks, it makes my "first post" worth it if we can bring justice and have them part of the lawsuit against Ben/Flip/Mig/Jose/whatever his name is. If you don't want to post publicly about this guy and your dealings or anything feel free to PM me!

Anyways its a bit of a Charlie Wentzel story

Edit: My name on PP and BO is tbomachines, if you have any doubts look me up. I have good rep and been there a while, my MB-info-thing-blog is The Benz Beat. Basically I'm a MB guy first, GTI guy second I'm not trying to slander this other guy for personal reasons or anything like that--just looking out for my fellow MB guys/girls since he did business on here, and in good conciousness hope I can help anyone who has gotten screwed by this scammer. Also I should reiterate, he was repping CarLABs Motorsports here--I do not know whether or not this company did shady business at all, just that it was the same guy working for them, but all of the bad feedback was and on the GTI forums, and he went by a variety of names and screen names -mig888, Ben@PS2SPEC, flipachu, flip, Frank something, king perez de tagle, e888 photography, kimatherapy?.

Last edited by TC_; 09-09-2011 at 11:56 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
What is his username here?
mig888 and Flip@CarLABs, email is
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: