LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 2002 c230 Hatchback - 89k - $5750 - Michigan

Being sold by original owner (no kids, non-smoking). Location of car is Kalamazoo, MI.

2002 Mercedes Benz c230 Sports Coupe (hatchback)
89,500 miles
Six speed manual / stick shift transmission
192 horse power supercharged 4-cylinder Mercedes engine - built in Germany
Leather seats
Panoramic Sunroof
Head and curtain airbags for all four passengers (eight airbags total)
Alloy wheels
Six disc CD changer
Heated seats
Power windows and locks
Remote entry
Air Conditioned
Auto-sensing windshield wipers
Auto-dimming rear view mirror
Auto-sensing headlights
Powered/heated mirrors
Built in garage door openers for up to three different garages
Fold down rear seats for large cargo area - easily hold bicycles, golf clubs, etc.

Includes second set of wheels for winter use - basic steel wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires installed

Aftermarket iPod/iPhone audio hookup professionally installed in 2004 by Dashworks in Portage, MI. Lets you play music from your iPod and charge it at the same time.

Car has been serviced regularly at dealership and at mechanics that specialize in european cars. Never a missed oil change or other regular service.
Front brakes replaced in July 2011 and rear brakes serviced at same time.

Problems:
At last service I was told a control arm needs replacing as well as front brakes. I opted to do the brake work and leave the control arms. Probably needs about $400-500 in suspension work. No noticeable problems when driving and might go a few thousand miles before anything needs to be done. Engine runs beautifully.

Exterior is starting to get some small rust spots, particularly in the wheel well areas and door jams.

Leather on rear seats is creased due to seats being folded down for extended periods. The leather does not look nearly as bad as the pictures make it seem, though.

Other then that this is a fantastic car. I do not put many miles on it because I live within walking distance to work. I typically only put 10-20 miles per week on it. Has been kept in a garage during entire period of ownership.

Link to clean carfax report (link expires 9/7/11):
CARFAX Vehicle History Report on WDBRN47J52A317458

Link to full album of 40 high-resolution pictures of car: Mercedes for Sale 8/2011 - Imgur

Link to Edmunds.com page about this car with specs and reviews: 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Please email me so we can communicate about the car and I can gauge the level of seriousness. If you need to call you can do so at 424-242-4253 but I will usually not pick up. You can leave a voicemail there and I may call back if you sound like a serious buyer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in