LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Feb 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
F/S: C36 AMG

I am selling my 95 C36 AMG. This car needs some work!

I will include all the info I can think of and if there are any questions please post them in the thread or PM me.

I purchased this car a few years ago for around $7500 it had a little over 100K miles I quickly took the car to my indy and had the car brought up to snuf.

Front ball joints, steering dampener, new bilstein shocks (oem) all around, rear flex plate, rear end and transmission flush (w/new filter), new plugs wires and coils. I also replaced the engine wire harness and replaced the battery. I drove it for about 15K miles and it ran perfect. The car is in very good shape. It originally came from Arizona and has never seen a winter. The car has brand new tires!!! The body and interior are in very good condition with the exception of a couple small dents and scratches.

The BAD!
I moved to California more than a year ago and planed on bringing the car with me however a few weeks before I was to leave the car started acting up. The engine would break up a bit in the 3800 to 4200 rpm range so I had a friend work on it (Toyota master mechanic) we got it to work better by replacing a temp sensor and MAS sensor however it still was not right. It would run perfect until the engine warms up then it would brake up in that same rpm range. However, it was now less severe. But again, after a few days of driving the problem returned. Now the engine only wants to start revving up at half throttle, but when you step on it, the car takes of and goes like hell...as it should.

This leads me to the think there is an issue with the throttle body (which have been known to plague these cars). The one in this car has never been replaced (I found Potomac German auto has C36 AMG throttle bodies for $450).

I had to leave abruptly for work in California, so I left the car behind in an indoor garage in upstate NY, unfixed, where it remains today. I now own vehicles in California and honestly do not have the time to travel back to work on the car. The car has sat in my fathers heated, pole barn, only to be taken out once and a while for test drives.

The corner of the timing chain/valve cover gasket leaks a touch - a common issue with this car (usually leaves between 3-4 drops on the floor after a day of use), but the head gasket is healthy (perfect compression in all 6 cylinders with no oil/water mix).

Also I sold the wheels that I had on it, 17" CLK AMG, so I reinstalled the original chrome AMG mono blocks, but they are not in the best shape. However, they do have BRAND NEW SPORT RUBER on them.

Finally the car needs the front rotors turned or replaced (they have never been turned).

The title is in hand and with the car in Upstate NY (suburb of Buffalo)

I am asking for someone to make me a fair offer on this car (I will consider all offers).

I am hoping it will to go to someone who will fix it and enjoy it. if someone is willing to put a little TLC into this car they would be highly rewarded. This car was amazing to own and a true head turner.

PM me or email me 4kevink@gmail.com

Last edited by Justchill; 08-18-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: '83 380SEC AMG'ed euro, '92 500SL, '90 300e 4matic DD
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I'm located just outside of Buffalo, very interested
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
(Thread Starter)
responded toy your PM....... will call you in the AM
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
(Thread Starter)
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: