LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS 1963 220 Heckflosse fintail

Please read the ad before calling or emailing me and asking me questions that are already answered in this posting. Thank you.

For sale is my 1963 Mercedes Benz 220b fintail Classic heckflosse. Ive owned this car for over 4 years and its time for her to find a new home. The car is in amazing shape and a real head turner. Interior is beautiful white on dark brown. The interior was redone about 15 years ago by the original owner to original specs and is very clean!! The exterior of the car is very very straight with some minor issues such as a few touch up spots on the rear driver door and some minor surface rust on the drivers side rear wheel well ( see pictures ). All chrome is in fair shape with some minor surface rust which is hidden on the rear bumper ( see pictures ). Over all the car looks near perfect from 10 feet away, but does have some slight issues when inspected up close. This car is a driver and can be take out with confidence any day or time. I had the engine, bottom and top end, rebuilt by a well know hollywood mechanic 2 years ago for peace of mind and she runs and drives flawlessly. I have put about 5K miles on it since the rebuild. The transmission is an automatic 4 speed that shifts and cruises with ease. I have lots of original paper work as well as recent work done. The car is a 100% California car with original black plates. The car is an early 63 with no sunroof, no power steering, and drums all around. Breaks have a bout 50% on the shoes and all wheels cylinders are solid. The car does NOT have one leak any where ( minus the heater core ) which is mentioned below.
Minor issues include: Small leak in heater core which I by passed since the heater is not needed in California my mechanic says it can be repaired with some soldering ( I have no idea how much this costs), but was told it can be done with out removing the core. Power antenna needs to be replaced if you want a working one ( this part is pricey from the classic center $500 ish ) maybe you can find a working one used, I've never tried to source one. I have a new after market head unit installed so I don't really care about the antenna, small crack in the dash and maybe redo the wood on the dash ( cost unknown as I've never checked ), but I like the patina anyway, original heater gauge sender unit is out this is pricey as well, $500 maybe, but the previous owner put in an aftermarket gauge under the dash, I think that's it. Oh and there was an after market A/C unit put in a while back, but the car needs a compressor and a recharge ( sounds pricey to me so I just roll down the windows )s.
All lights and electrical work with out issue and I put in a new head unit in the glove box with a couple speakers hidden under the dash. Its all hidden so the look of the car is undisturbed and the head unit is ipod compatible.
The car has been serviced by Sal's Autohaus in San Francisco for the last 2 years all basic things like points, oil changes and a recent valve adjustment. Please look him up on yelp.com, he will be glad to offer a 3rd party review of the car or you can find your own independent mechanic, no difference to me.
Please call to discuss this car in more detail if you are a SERIOUS buyer. And see link for some pictures, sorry the pictures aren't that great. I can take some more detailed pictures of the car if needed.
http://gallery.me.com/matthewlaw#100016
Only selling because I'll be traveling so the cars gotta go.
Car is currently located in San Francisco, Ca
Offered at $8500
Thank you for looking
Please call or email Matthew
matthewlaw@me.com
Thanks for looking!

Last edited by ocmlaw; 08-01-2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: add photo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 12:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1983 240d AT; 1993 e320 AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Saw the pictures..... One word: GORGEOUS!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in