LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cars For Sale - Hollywood

If anyone is interested in any of the following vehicles, please let me know! Need to get rid of these cars in the next couple months, and would love to get them to a good home...

1980 450 SL ; head gasket blown (MY IDIOT BROTHER DROVE IT WITHOUT OIL FOR MILES, SO FURIOUS), cosmetically beautiful, metalic blue color.

1978 450 SL ; engine good, needs a paint job, and interior is sh!tty.

1987 560 SL ; mechanically not sure, cosmetically some few parts missing, needs paint.

1975 240 D ; Amazing condition, mechanically and cosmetically.

1985 300 D ; Salvage title, but runs well, good condition.

1970 300 SEL 6.3 ; mechanically and cosmetically okay.

2001 E320 ; 170k miles. Cosmetically okay.

I had also made a thread a couple days back with a list of cars to either be parted out, or sold. Here is the link:

Parts Cars - Hollywood CA - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Thank you for your time,
Armen Dellalian

(323) 953 - 7000
VacoMercedesBenz.com

Last edited by VACOprecisionINC; 07-19-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 09:40 PM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
appearing dangerously close to being a commercial venture.

Commercial ventures need to become Supporting Vendors in order to continue to use the forum as a sales site. Please consider contacting 'advertise' at the top right of the forum.

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 85 300SL Euro,97 SL320,95 S420,07 S550
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Most of these cars were offered in September of 2010 too
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
am i really going to spend money to "advertise" these cars that i am willing to give to users of the forum for a very good price?? if i did that, it would defeat the purpose of this all, and i'd have to ask for market value for me to make up that money spent to put add's up...

once i get these cars off my lot and have about 20K to throw around, the shop will undergo a major facelift, and making my fathers prehistoric vision of a mini MBZ dealership will start to come alive...

i will eventually become a sponsor to benzworld.org ... it would be stupid if i didn't, but at this current point in time, for these specific vehicles, i can't really afford to go out of my way for some extra expenses when some of these cars are worth less 2 grand a pop...

Thanks for understanding,
Armen Dellalian
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 12:33 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 1991 300E
Advertising is a cost of doing business. It is unfair to other businesses helping to sponsor this site for you to advertise for free. Free advertising is available on Craigslist and it is used by many retail businesses, curbstoners and private parties.

There are basic guidelines for posting items for sale on this forum, which you consistently ignore--location, price, pictures, etc.

You have still not yet filled out your user profile, which is a basic courtesy to other users of this site.

You first offered many of the cars listed in this current thread in a posting nearly a year ago. If you're offering them at "a very good price," why aren't they gone by now?

I, for one, don't understand. Your behavior on this site, so far, does not encourage a favorable view of your business or offerings.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
i was aware that advertising is a cost of doing business, thank you for the clarification, sir. If you're really going to question why they aren't gone yet, i will give you an answer:

Between dealing with customers, paperwork, working on cars, cleaning/organizing, following routine shop guidelines, CITY guidelines, AND making sure my extremely old fashioned father is happy... i am not left with much time, or energy, to sit down and list these cars one by one to properly get them sold, but i'm starting to come to the conclusion that i have no other choice... oh well.

When you're a 21 year old kid who refuses to get paid to help my arthritis diagnosed father to run a business that has put food on my families table for the last 30 years, stress does tend to get involved with my mood and emotion towards things... I have a whole lot to learn, i know this, but i wasn't aware of my behavioral problems that have resulted in negative, or un-favortable, views of my business, or my offerings... i'm sorry for that, and please re-consider, they were all un-intended.

I'm just tired. all the damn time... please give me a break. Delete the thread if you want. i don't mind.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
"A Very Good Price"

$4000 for our 1975 240 D. This car is easily $7K in a good market. 40% discount good enough??

$5000 for our 1970 300SEL 6.3. Easily worth $9K....

$2000 for our 1985 300 D. It's got a salvaged title because of a fender bender that resulted in a "total". We fixed it, the car runs great. 2K for a great running, fairly clean, environmentally friendly daily driver. not bad if you ask me...

$3500 for the 2001 E320 wagon.

Like seriously dude... we are taking a loss. why would i spend money, to take a loss?

IN THE NEAR FUTURE, i will become a sponsor of the website. I have an inventory to die for, vintage parts, new parts, all types of parts, WE don't even know what we have accumulated in the last 30 years. I am the one organizing everything, making excel sheets on the computer, to properly keep inventory. When this is all done, I will need to start advertising, till then, we can not.

Last edited by VACOprecisionINC; 07-21-2011 at 11:23 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 12:52 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 1989 560 SEL, 1993 400 SEL, 1986 420 SEL, 1977 450 SL, 1984 300D, 1981 380 SL, 1983 500 SL
"VACO", I pesonally have alot of respect for you young man. Helping your father out with the family business and not expecting anything out of it is truely a rare thing these days, especially in the age group you are in. I wish you well with this and hope that your hard work will come back to you in great rewards. My hat is off to you!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsscooters View Post
"VACO", I pesonally have alot of respect for you young man. Helping your father out with the family business and not expecting anything out of it is truely a rare thing these days, especially in the age group you are in. I wish you well with this and hope that your hard work will come back to you in great rewards. My hat is off to you!
Thank you sir ... i really appreciate the kind words!! i wasn't expecting any sympathy out of the last couple posts, but i just got a little carried away. My father, Vaco, has left me with a wonderful opportunity. It is not expected of me, but i almost find it necessary to take this bull by it's horns and make the most out of this chance in my life. I quit going to school to give the shop 1000% of my time and dedication. While my friends are all partying on summer break, i go to sleep at 11:45 to open shop at 8 am every morning. It was a choice i made, and i don't plan on going back till i have succeeded. it's all been good till now, but the best is yet to come... Thank you, once again, and i will let you know how my progress comes along.

Armen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in