FS (For Sale) Mercedes-Benz 560 SEC
S Class, 4 passenger 2 door coupe
Price: Will accept best offer. Would donate to a Recognized charity
includes sound system, installed by MB-approved firm for $6,200
Note: This car is better suited for an automotive engineer, or dealer or shop; it's less likely to suit someone not familiar with this series except those who have access to good , trusted automotive shops.
• Private sale by original owner who bought the car new in March 1987, from Mercedes Benz, Toronto
• Used by ONE owner-driver throughout its life except for a brief period when a diplomat used it.
• From original purchase up to an including 2009, car was always garaged indoors (both at work and at home). Car was in storage 2009; and parked in driveway 2010 during home renovation.
• Has not been driven much for about 18 to 20 months. Service and fluid change and inspection required. In the months prior to being placed in storage, work done included service, A/C repair, and other maintenance.
• Mileage: 151,000 miles
• Pearl-black metallic exterior (Majestic Pearl Black).
• Leather interior; color Ash. Burled walnut trimming.
• Hand stitched leather covers steering wheel.
• Rear seats are as new (very rarely used), no marks or scratches. Front seats: same high quality. No smoking.
• For winter driving tire change required. Snow tires , depending on location. (I rarely drove on snow). Present tires are all-season and are not suitable for snow.
• Front seats infinitely adjustable, each with its own memory settings. Seat electrics are in working order (seat belt extenders are not; the seat belts need to be fastened manually).
• High-end sound system installed by experts produces very clear, 'clean' sound. 10 (ten) CD carousel; amplifiers, woofers, subwoof etc are in-trunk, and controls are flush in-dash. User manuals and service book available. User-operated buttons and personalized settings are flush in-dash. Original analog clock is not working : the face plate (which has controls for in-dash sound system) has a better clock with more clear time display, so I did not repair the analog clock. (The original Becker system has no commercial value but has been saved if wanted).
• A full-service spare tire, mounted on original rim, is available.
• Mercedes-Benz original tool kit , hardly ever used, is included.
Asking Price: $2,200 as is.
Collector status: I understand this SEC would be classified a collector early next year.
Reason for sale: Need space; downsizing; stage of life where thinking of volunteer work.
To view the car or to make other arrangements, please write firstname.lastname@example.org