After becoming a w123 home mechanic and restored this car, fixed the tranny, fixed the engine vacuum gremlins,etc. I have decided that I cannot keep up with the hobby. I have spent about $5000 between the car's original price and all the restoration.
That said, I don't want to give this car to someone who's gonna ruin it.
you can read my threads and realize how much effort/money I have put on this car.
I have a full time job, a 6 months baby, a wife another Diesel (1998 VW jetta TDI) and music.
This car was owned by a guy who took it to the dealer until 200.000 miles I have all records, second owner added 20.000 miles and me 7.500 miles.
All leather, blue, very well maintained.
Good things about the car:
- 227.5xx miles
- Registration valid until November 2011.
- Fairly new tires.
- New CD player and speakers front and rear all JVC
- Brake fixed at the Dealer.
- Interior is great with the exception of the roof, close to the back windshield, it had some damage, but I repaired it the best I could.
- All gauges work with the exception of the trip mile counter.
- New bosh glow plugs & relay after cleaning carbon build up with the reamer.
- New Fog lights
- Pretty much all engine vacuum lines are new and OEM switchover valve recently installed.
- Viton injector fuel lines.
- New Hood pad
- Fairly new air filter housing.
- head and gasket are good.
OEM Modulator I bought it and never installed it.($65)
OEM 3 Main filters 5 prefilters($40)
OEM bosch auxiliary water pump ($90)
OEM extra VCV, I got 2 when I needed one, just in case.
Fuses, OEM o'rings, nuts and bolts, extra fuel hose... etc.
Tools, like vacuum and modulator gauges glow plug carbon reamer, and books from mercedes source (tranny diagnose and repair and engine performance)
5 gal diesel container.
- 3 electric windows work front passenger motor works, but the mechanism was removed. (still have it but is broken)
- Paint is not original, looks good but its not pristine, shiny, shiny, bling, bling.
- Dash is cracked but I bought a nice matching cover.
- Front seat plastic pockets are cracked.
- Instrument cluster light doesn't work
- Needs valve adjustment and probably new vacuum diaphragm, there is some oil in the vacuum lines, although the vac is constant 23-25.
- Climate control unit doesn't work. It has a leak under dash, servo is fairly new and all hoses are too. I just plugged it, cuz I hate AC.
- Cruise control works funny, I just unplugged it and plug the vac.
- I think the hand primer pump may be leaking a bit but it works fine.
- its burning oil.
Please ask me questions and offer me whatever you think this car is worth.