Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS 1989 Mercedes 300E W124 85k EXCELLENT condition Asking $4k

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  andrewcconti 
#1 ·
2nd owner, I've had it for the past two years or so. Just passed NY inspection.

New alternator, battery, Distributor/rotor and much more... all receipts since i bought the car from a friend/client..

photos:
1989 Mercedes 300e - a set on Flickr

Looking for a convertible for the summer.. so its time my 300 found a new home....

#2 ·
Why would you list this as "EXCELLENT" ?

It has a wrecked front fender, packing tape covering antenna port, damaged interior, it's obviously not very well taken care of, you're missing a bolt to hold down your air cleaner and you need some coolant among other things.

You don't know how close this is to a parts car. You will be lucky to get 1/4 asking price.

I guess you can take this the wrong way if you want to; but, I'm just trying to manage your expectations, and I was really wondering what the hell you are thinking.

#3 ·
are you kidding? there's a DING in the front fender.. all the bolts are on the air cleaner...and where is there any damage to the interior? and maybe you should see it in person before passing judgement... a car in excellent condition that's this old, has no rust, VERY low mileage, runs without a hitch, has all the electronics working, power seats, sunroof, windows, etc... I had a buyer all set, who found a 95 with a sport package he wanted more.... it's FAR from a parts car....

#5 ·
Looking at some of your previous posts, you are used to parting out cars. Maybe this one is a keeper in your mind compared to the cars you have parted out. A car like that with the low miles is not a prime example of "pride in ownership". Most of us on this forum would prefer a 200k mile maintained and documented car than a car which only positive attribute is low mileage. Your profile doesn't show where you are located. Maybe your in one of those countries where these cars go for really high dollars. Good luck with your sale.

#6 ·
To get the $4k you are asking

- Buy and install a proper OEM antenna
- Reinstall the OEM radio
- Have the interior professionally cleaned
- Replace the center console wood or have it restored to OEM specs
- Have the dent removed and the fender painted (quality paint match will be key)

Then you might if lucky see the asking price of $4k more then likely it will sell for $3500ish.

No mention if the A/C works? If that is not working properly figure on $2k-ish. for the car

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.