Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 03:26 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Nov 2011
Vehicle: 2009 C300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it would be pointless bringing these claims up with people, they probably get it countless times. u guys need to scam a scammer by pretending to order. Get their paypal info, maybe find source from there, and hopefully try to track his IP address he operates from..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 97 W140 S320, 1993 W140 300SE (RIP), 2000 W208 CLK 320, 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
And so... It is now Dec 3rd, 2011. I have spent the past WEEK, reading the ENTIRE Phamilton01 saga, and all auxiliary threads. I LOVE threads like this, and I hate to say that. I hate to say that because threads like this come at great expense, pain, and time consumption to the victims of the scammer. Still, makes for an enthralling read. I actually owe Phamilton a debt of gratitude, because I have not spent this much steady time on Benzworld, in years. I've never left, and use the forum for technical issues all the time. But I visit the forum more like picking up a manual, rather than participating. I think that is about to change.

Some observations;

Observation 1) I am NOT surprised by the actions of Phamilton. After the decline started, he clearly demonstrated himself to be a pathological liar. And I say that not the "name calling" sense, but in the actual definition sense of the word; Lies when it is very easy to tell the truth, lies to get sympathy, to look better, to save their butt, etc., fools people at first but once they get to know him, no one believes anything they ever say, has been caught in lies repeatedly, never fesses up to the lies. He WAS reliable, but when the excrement hit the oscillating ventilation device, he felt he had to resort to the above, instead of just telling people there were problems, here is a refund. Therefore, his actions were not hard to understand.

Observation 2) What IS hard to understand, in fact MIND-BOGGLING, are the 3-4 people who tried to defend this man's actions of not delivering goods or refunds for 7,8,9,(more?) months. They brush over even not just emailing someone a TRACKING number for 8 months! There is even one in this particular thread! Craziest things I have personally read on Benzworld. One main defender, who very, VERY oddly took it upon himself to rectify another guy's mess, even once stated that, (and I paraphrase), after months of being hounded for the parts or a refund, that Phamilton's commitment to fulling the orders or refunding the money, "waned, (and understandably so)." Say word?

There was another member, who, in the very MIDST of these threads, was still lobbying Phamilton to buy parts, even after Phamilton admitted that he was having trouble, and was PROVEN to STILL be giving and missing false deadlines not providing tracking numbers, and referencing long defunct shipping companies! "Yo, I be pleased to do business with you. Please PM me." Craziness to an astronomical degree.

Observation 3), The actions of MODS over in the w140 section during this episode were... a little disappointing, during this episode. Post deletions, censorship, of people trying to demonstrate they had been scammed, all the while letting one guy handle the "claims process". What a joke. Also, the banning of Phamilton; he should have never have been banned DURING this process. Afterwards, sure, ban away. In fact, may he never walk these halls again. But not while these threads were open and accusers were free to post, and he could not respond. That's why they got rid of debtors prison. How is someone going to pay you back if they are locked up/out? (I know it must be killing certain people that they have no control over in THIS forum.)

I think this thread and threads like it has been of great service to the Benzworld community at large, and I thank the original collective posters/victims for coming forward. With all that said;

12/03/11: What's the update??? Was everyone made whole by either Phamilton or his (oddly self-appointed) surrogate?

The Mighty AckVig
1997 W140 S320 SWB (RIP)
1993 W140 300SE SWB (RIP)
1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP)
2000 W208 CLK 320

Last edited by ackvig; 12-03-2011 at 07:31 PM.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 1999 S600 Sedan, 1999 S600 w/ 4-pl seating, 1995 S600 Coupe, 2-1992 600SEL's, 2002 ML55, 1998 SL600
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Being close the subject as the OP on at least one of the threads supporting PHamilton (ably demonstrated by what he had done for me personally), I can say that I personally assisted in getting most, if not all, those who contacted me whole with either parts or a refund.

I agree with you on the handling of the matter, it could have been better.

But this is a volunteer venture, and you need to take that into consideration. We don't have paid pros doing clerical work and making management decisions, it's a self-governing forum and, in general, works best as it has been. This matter may have been a bit of a flat tire in the way it was handled, but overall, the forum is very well run, both in self-policing and general demeanor of those posting.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
(Thread Starter)
That's a lie, I wasn't helped with anything. All I ever got were excuses of why Striker couldn't help me. "I'm waiting for patrick's input," and some bs about having a project they started and he'd get back to me. That was August, when at the time, I expressed what an emergency I had on my hands with family in the hospital and that I needed the money. I got through that emergency no thanks to patrick or striker, but now that its non-critical I know I will never see it again. These people are criminals.

Get this at one point, He said he'd wire me the money if I would just give him my bank details.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 1999 S600 Sedan, 1999 S600 w/ 4-pl seating, 1995 S600 Coupe, 2-1992 600SEL's, 2002 ML55, 1998 SL600
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
What are you talking about? When you told me you were in a law suit with PHamilton and had a court date and all, what was I to do about that? You had a commercial transaction that didn't merit working it out if you went with that approach.

I offered help and to be as a conduit to resolution for several, including to you. What was I to do when you declared you're going 'nuclear'?

I hope you find/found your resolution.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 02:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2011
Vehicle: Timeship, see you yesterday, but you already knew that.
I try to stay out of things like this, but...

Just give the guy his money back.

It is not yours to keep.

Top five reasons I posted in your topic:

1. You're talking about god, there has never been any god of any kind. EVER!

2. I just have a general dislike of you.

3. I am trying to tell you how to fix your Mercedes and you are not listening.

4. I'm flirting with Jody.

5. You're just to dumb to own a Mercedes, and should go buy a Honda.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
(Thread Starter)
I wrote that I was going to sue, unless I got my check, which is when Pat decided to setup fedex shipping for my check, staving off my suit. However, then he never dropped off the check to be sent. You guys screwed me, and continue to do so to this day. Most of the people in this situation have said, "I hope you never have to be on the receiving end of something like this," but to the contrary I bet they are thinking just like I am voicing, I hope it happens to you ten fold and that it happens when you are in a time of need forcing you beg and borrow.I also hope it destroys all the love you have for these cars like it did for me. I hope everyday you walk outside and see your Mercedes and get a deep sinking feeling that won't be resolved until you are rid of all of them, for your part in spinning Pat's criminal actions.

But "Mercedes Mechanic" Styker doesn't owe me the money, Patrick Hamilton does. Though I am not too proud to turn it down since Stryker is SO insistent that Patrick is a good man who is good for his debts.

:spoiler:
He isn't
:/spoiler:
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 12:53 AM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: M62
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackvig View Post
Observation 3), The actions of MODS over in the w140 section during this episode were... a little disappointing, during this episode. Post deletions, censorship, of people trying to demonstrate they had been scammed, all the while letting one guy handle the "claims process". What a joke. Also, the banning of Phamilton; he should have never have been banned DURING this process. Afterwards, sure, ban away. In fact, may he never walk these halls again. But not while these threads were open and accusers were free to post, and he could not respond. That's why they got rid of debtors prison. How is someone going to pay you back if they are locked up/out? (I know it must be killing certain people that they have no control over in THIS forum.)
You are a little late to the party. And since you do not have the benefit of seeing the whole picture on what has transpired I would appreciate if you refrain from making derogatory statements. We have done what we can to help, keeping in mind that we do not get involved with transactions between and among members.

Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 01:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2011
Vehicle: Timeship, see you yesterday, but you already knew that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade904 View Post
But "Mercedes Mechanic" Styker doesn't owe me the money, Patrick Hamilton does.
The person who is suppose to do so, IS reading this.

Top five reasons I posted in your topic:

1. You're talking about god, there has never been any god of any kind. EVER!

2. I just have a general dislike of you.

3. I am trying to tell you how to fix your Mercedes and you are not listening.

4. I'm flirting with Jody.

5. You're just to dumb to own a Mercedes, and should go buy a Honda.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 02:07 AM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I am not too sure this thread serves too much purpose being open any longer.

It is listed in the 'Dead Beat Sellers' list so that others can see what has gone down, but I think I will close it now, before it gets even more ugly...

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in