Well, after owning this beautiful rig for just over a month, my wife and I have realized the cab will not be large enough for travelling long-term with our two dogs. We have considered other options for making it work (getting rid of the dogs in NOT one of them) but realistically we just need more space in the cab. Consequently, we've decided to sell the U1550L and switch to a larger (U2150L or U2450L) Doka.
We purchased this Unimog from Hellgeth Engineering in Germany. Prior to Hellgeth, the Unimog was used by the bomb-disposal unit of the German Police. Consequently it saw light duty and was very well maintained and serviced. The Unimog is in excellent condition and would make an ideal expo vehicle, camper or work truck for someone.
The vehicle comes very well equipped . . . .
- 134,000 kms
- 6 litre OM366A Turbocharged engine
- Hellgeth have tweaked the engine to provide 230 hp
- Fast axels - 120kph top speed and will cruise happily at 98kph on the highway all day long
- 8 speed transmission with split gearbox (16 gears)
- Long wheelbase (3.7m)
- 8,500 kg GVW
- Hydraulic over air disk brakes
- Air dryer
- Pneumatic engine brake
- Pneumatic parking brake
- 4 x Dunlop 405/70R20s plus brand new spare tire and wheel
- Factory 2 circuit hydraulics - perfect for winch, snow plow, etc.
- Air-suspended, full adjustable driver's seat
- 2WD, 4WD or 4WD with diff locks
- Approximately 19" of ground clearance
- Dual 160l fuel tanks (320l total)
- Heavy-duty bed with removal sides and back, plus canvas cover
- Currently mounted with heavy-duty ex-military command box (167"l x 86"w x 81"h)
- Located in Chilliwack, BC, Canada
- Asking price $67,000 CDN
PM me if you have any additional questions or queries.