BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 1991 300zx 2+2 @ 129k Miles.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
w123 Wheels and Dashtop. Car is "totaled" sell-off

**Edit**

Ive found that I still have the rear speaker grills, but cannot find the screws. $20 Shipped. Ill be more than happy to supply photographs if needed.

Also, Adding that I still have a set of 5 New in box Bosio injector nozzles for $175 shipped.

I have a set of 15x7 et 23 offset wheels. Wheels are in great shape overall. They are a set of 3 piece "Southern Ways Epsilon Mesh". These are rare wheels, and I have yet to find another with the same bolt pattern. These fit factory lug bolts. They use "tape weights" for balancing, so make sure if/when you research tires that you ask the shop if they use these.

The good:

Late last year I refinished the center part of the wheels. I drove them all winter in Pennsylvania, and subjected them to the harsh salt belt. There is no evidence of this, and they still look great. They do not hit tie rod ends, nor do they rub the caliper. They all hold air, and after 7 months of driving, I lost 3 pounds of pressure on each and every wheel. This could have been attributed to the cold weather also. Also, they could use cleaning...having them off the car may entice me to do just that.

The wheels are straight, and look slick on a w123...but with their offset, I cannot think of too many other vehicles that these will work on.

The Bad:

The lug bolts that I will be providing I painted, but because of the wrenching in order to tighten, is loosing paint. Basically they need wire brushed, and re-painted.

There is one rim that had a dinger when I purchased last year, and apparently was repaired with some sort of blunt object. The affected area is the size of my forefinger, and any wheel shop can "fix" this correctly. This has in no way impacted driveability, nor loss of pressure.

The Aluminum of the wheel needs polished again. This can be done with mothers aluminum polish and some steel wool, followed by some more polish with a microfiber cloth. I had these things just shy of a mirror finish when I mounted them 09-10.

Included is 2 center hub caps made by "enkei". The other 2 are perfect fit items that are the top of a can of tire foam. "Gear" style replacement caps can be had on ebay for around $30-50 a set. IMHO, the smooth look of the foam caps looks much better than the enkei caps, plus the cost is much better.

The wheels had very minor curb rash when I got them. I removed as much as possible by hand, and there are still shadows of it, however it is unnoticeable.

Other Random info:

Local pickup can take the wheels with the tires mounted. Basically you can simply plop them right onto your very own W123 with no effort aside from repainting the lug bolts...Tires have approximately 15k miles on them.

The "DashTop":

I also have a "dashtop" in blue. This thing is a spectacular cover for a cracked dash. It fits perfectly atop the dash board. Everybody who has ever appreciated the look of my car has commented about how awesome it is that my dash has no cracks in it. I told them all it was just a cover, but it is color matched to the blue interior. This one DOES NOT have the climate sensor hole, but will still work. One could hypothetically modify it so that the sensor fits right in. Go to Dash Covers, Arm Rests, Door Panels & Highliner Headliners by Dashtop to see what I am talking about.

Bottom Line:

The wheels were a labor of love. I purchased them from a fellow user here, and tore them totally apart and refurbished them. Selling @ $600 + shipping. I would need to un-mount the tires before shipping.

The Dashtop is $40+ shipping.

Local pickup in central PA is strongly advised. Using any carrier to send a package is like gambling. No matter how well these are boxed up, there is no telling what could happen. Also, as stated earlier, local pickup on the wheels would get a set of tires which cost $130 each mounted and balanced.

Time frame & closing statements:

Basically this is a "tentative sale". The reason that I say this is simple. My car was totaled officially today. I am activated, but at the same time realistic. Damage was done that most likely would have haunted the car for its life. But, I have yet to get the check from the insurance company, however I expect it some time next week. If somehow I manage to find another 1985 300d that suits me for condition and mileage, I will more than likely keep these. Chances are slim, as I simply do not feel like dealing with all the headaches of wondering when the PO changed the alternator last/If ever.....if the thermostat needs replaced....if it has had an oil change this decade... Most people selling these privately seem to think that rust is A-ok, because "its a Mercedes". I am thankful that I found an intelligent bunch of enthusiasts that know more about these cars than most of the "Stealership's" automotive technicians.

The Photos....56k warning:

1985 300D @ 130k miles Silver - Totaled: Deer strike
1991 300zx Nissan: Totaled: Ice patch
1982 300SD: Surprise...Not Totaled Yet!

Last edited by Whippy; 05-06-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 10:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2004
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Pm sent for the dashtop

Looking for 1 15" ARC & 1 Centra Bundts wheels
'76 300D '84 300DT
'86 300SDL '91 300D 2.5 Turbo
'92 300E Sportline '92 400E
Euro
'88 560SEC '89 560SEL
'90 300E-24 '82 230CE
'88 250d 5 speed '88 300d 5 speed
' 88 300te 5 speed X2
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 01:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1983 240d AT; 1993 e320 AT
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
PM sent too

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 03:56 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 1991 Mercedes Benz 300D 2.5T, 270,000 miles & counting
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
How much for the dash topper?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Ok guys, Anyone who sent me a PM will be responded to within the next 48 hours. I have pulled the trigger on my next vehicle, and it is not a w123, or even a mercedes.

Adding to the mix, I have a set of 5 bosio injector nozzles. I paid over 200 for the set, and they are still NIB. Id take $175 shipped for them as well. Pictures of this can be seen in this thread:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w123...-injector.html

Last edited by Whippy; 05-06-2011 at 02:45 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Ive gotten a few pms about items, and Im terribly sorry. Its been a whirlwind week, and I had to take my wife to the ER this morning for what appeared to be a broken foot. I will be getting shipping quotes tomorrow, and it seems that the Dashtop is tentatively sold. I have a pair of prospective buyers who are waiting for shipping quotes.

Also Seeing how I have no use for these wheels, I would entertain offers of $500 + shipping for them, which is exactly what I paid for them before they were stripped and refinished.

Thanks again for your time.

Also, I would take $550

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 07:10 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2010
Vehicle: 1978 300d
wish i had some cash right now, those wheels would look great on my '78

good luck with sale!

Fred
'78 300D: first car and 150,000 on the clock

My pictures: http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...rcedes%20300d/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in