LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Trade: Two 300D's for ? in San Diego, CA

I've got two W123's for trade. One is a cream colored, 1981 300D non turbo. Odometer reads 105,000, but it's broken. I'd guess 150-200k based on the condition of the motor. Runs great. Over a grand in recent parts and work. Steering box is loose, front right side of the steering has a squeak, but I just had the idler arm done, and the mechanic said it's all solid under there, just noisy. Soft shifts between gears, I suspect the vacuum modulator valve on the tranny is shot. That part is about $60 from Drivers side rear window doesn't go up or down. Drivers side front has a broken track, so you have to drag it up and down manually. It's my daily driver right now. New front tires. I have receipts for all the work I've done recently. Shuts off like it should. Four new Pirelli tires. Salvage title on this one, but registration is up to date for the year. Costs about 65 bucks to renew each year. Gets 23-26 MPG on biodiesel.

Car number two!
A black 1984 300D Turbo. Odometer reads 201K, but it's broken, along with the speedo and tach. I use a GPS for a speedo and odometer right now. Needs a radiator, but I'm going to fix that before I trade or sell. This was my daily driver until the radiator popped. Was not driven on the bad radiator. The day it blew, about two weeks ago, I parked the car and switched to the 81. Shifts a bit rough when cold, like a lot of these old diesels do. Might just need an adjustment, might just be old. Doesn't slip. Rear suspension just developed a squeak. Passenger side rear window doesn't work, the rest do. Also over a thousand dollars of recent work and parts on this car. Have receipts for most of it. It's rougher cosmetically than the 81, but it's sexy black. Has an exhaust leak which makes it louder than it should be. Clean title, registration up to date. Costs about 70 a year to renew here in California. Shuts off like it should. Gets 20-25 MPG on biodiesel.

Would like to trade the pair for a good running W201, W124, or W126 diesel. Manual trannies are always preferred. Gassers must pass smog. Clean titles would be nice. Might be a long shot, but maybe someone out there wants a pair of solid 300Ds to drive, or for projects. I'm in San Diego, CA. Would also entertain cash offers on one or both cars. Would also consider other trades. Basically I need a good daily driver.

Cash price for the 81: $1500
84: $2300

Last edited by dasmi; 04-27-2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Added cash prices
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: