BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 2003 S600, 2014 ML350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: Rare Becker Monaco Radio for '51-'52 Mercedes

Radio is now Sold.

I am selling an extremely rare Becker Monaco radio, one of the first in a long line of Becker radios produced by Becker Autoradio in Germany. This model was used in 1951-52 Mercedes W187 Chassis 220S models such as the Cabriolet A&B, Sedan, and also in some of the 170V models imported into the USA. The radio is solidly built and heavy. It is a 6 volt unit and features a three position selector knob for three frequency bands, one of which is AM, and the others may be shortwave or weather bands, I'm not sure. It also has four pre-set buttons. The radio is in really nice overall condition, and includes an original Becker speaker, with the original wood grille stamped with the Becker logo. I recieved this radio from the estate of a relative that owned many older Mercedes in the past, and am not sure which car this came out of. I've not tried to power it up, as I'm not sure of the correct connections, and don't want to damage it, so I can't verify operability. Judging from the overall condition, it probably won't take much to get it working. The faceplate and knobs have bright chrome, with a bit of frosting from age. The wood faceplate is oxidized, and will need re-finishing. The speaker looks to be un-damaged, and has the original cloth intact in the grille and over the speaker cone. This unit would make a good addition to an older Mercedes restoration project. I have more pictures available on request.

Asking $799 plus shipping to your address. Thanks. Please email me with questions to: lensbenz@comcast.net
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	becker1a.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	367053   Click image for larger version

Name:	becker1b.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	367054   Click image for larger version

Name:	becker1d.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	367055   Click image for larger version

Name:	becker1i.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	367056   Click image for larger version

Name:	becker1l.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	367057  

Click image for larger version

Name:	becker1k.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	367058  

Last edited by lenb; 05-25-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Radio is Sold
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: