FS: Beautiful set of 5x112 15x7 MSW (Made by OZ) mesh wheels in great shape. ET 18 - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 04 E500; 00 SL500 Sport/Pano; 94 E420; 92 500E; 92 300CE; 81 380SL
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Tire size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaforce View Post
I am interested in the wheels and tires if they are still available. I am not posetive they would fit my vehicle however. W107 1981. I am thinking the offset on my bundt wheels were ET25. Any idea if there would be any rubbing issues with these?
Without knowing the tire size on these it's a guess, but if they were 195 65's they should work fine. Somehow these tires appear to be much bigger that 195 65's, maybe it's just the photo.

SL's & 124's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 11:28 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: '81 380sl Blue/Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohollenbeck View Post
Without knowing the tire size on these it's a guess, but if they were 195 65's they should work fine. Somehow these tires appear to be much bigger that 195 65's, maybe it's just the photo.
I guess I wouldnt be opposed to buying new tires for the rims, if I were able to get them for a fair price. Wheel spacing/offset confuses the heck out of me for some reason. I have tried to research what works with my vehicle, but there is just too much conflicting info out there. Thanks for the information, and for the original post, are the wheels still for sale?

People do not realize how many wires it takes to make things wireless... - thaforce original
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Vehicle: 04 E500; 00 SL500 Sport/Pano; 94 E420; 92 500E; 92 300CE; 81 380SL
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Wheel - Tire info

Quote:
I guess I wouldnt be opposed to buying new tires for the rims, if I were able to get them for a fair price. Wheel spacing/offset confuses the heck out of me for some reason. I have tried to research what works with my vehicle, but there is just too much conflicting info out there. Thanks for the information, and for the original post, are the wheels still for sale?
Try these two links, hopefully this will clear up any conflicting info

List of Mercedes models - wheel/tire size

Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd | Fitting Chart Index

Link that will compare OEM sizes to others, great to see potential problems..
Plug in OEM size on left side, then the wheels & tire size your buying on the right side, gives you a summary of how they might fit, (hint - play with tire sizes until you get a combination that matchs the overall diameter of the OEM wheels & Tires, this will keep your speedo as accurate as possible, and help with proper fitment.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

What is a little confusing as you read the wheels offered for each model, is which one should I use as the Standard. I usally pick one of the smaller combinations to be on the safe side. For a 107, try 7 x 15 ET25 with 205 65 tires as the standard, then plug in the wheels your buying on the right side, changing tire sizes on the wheels gives different results.. Good Luck

PS: the tires mounted on the rims now may be fine, just ask the seller to post what they are.

SL's & 124's
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 06:59 PM
BenzWorld Member

Thank you for the information. That index will help alot.

I had the thought of purchasing new wheels for the car over a year ago and decided to put it off until I was able to take care of some much needed maintenance and minor repairs. Now that the girl is running like a top, there doesn't seem to be near as many wheel sets for sale. I would love to find some AMG Penta wheels or Ronal R9's or similar. I dont mind the BBS style wheel, but prefer them with more of a lip. If nothing else a newly cleaned up set of bundts will work. I do like the look of the bundts on the car, but they pretty much need to be chrome or polished to look best on my dark blue car. I have used a light media blast to clean my wheels. The aluminum areas where the chrome has peeled looks new, but I havnt found a way to get the rest of the chrome off of the wheel. I would just paint them If I could.

People do not realize how many wires it takes to make things wireless... - thaforce original
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2011
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I did't pay much attention to the tire size assuming anyone who would want them shipped would be taking them without tires due to the extra weight and size of the packages ultimately increasing the shipping per wheel drastically from up here in Toronto.

The wheels are still available however. I can have the tires removed for a slight cost and am willing to ship.

Send me a PM if interested or an email at sberto79 @ hotmail.com (no spaces)
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 07:44 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzFanatic1 View Post
I did't pay much attention to the tire size assuming anyone who would want them shipped would be taking them without tires due to the extra weight and size of the packages ultimately increasing the shipping per wheel drastically from up here in Toronto.

The wheels are still available however. I can have the tires removed for a slight cost and am willing to ship.

Send me a PM if interested or an email at sberto79 @ hotmail.com (no spaces)
The offset scares me away from these wheels a bit. For a 7" wide rim the offset should be around 25 for my car. These would change my backspacing from 4.9 to 4.7". One wouldnt think 2 tenths of an inch would be a hinderance, but I am not 100% posetive. Any idea what kind of $$ I would be looking at to have the 4 rims shipped to the states. Zip 26101?

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 1985 190e 2.3, 1986 190e 2.3-16
Send a message via AIM to 190e2.3euro
Saw you had bumped this thread on VWVortex a few months ago..
Are these wheels still available?
Interested..

1985 190e 2.3 :: EFI, suspension work, 16v bits, rebuilding the 2.0L block, turbo eventually
1986 190e 2.3-16 :: Bought in a sad state, being refreshed and rebuilt for the track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in