*** FOR SALE ***
1977 Mercedes Benz
450SEL 6.9 LITER (US MODEL)
1 of 462 sold in the US that year, and 1 of 1,816 sold in the US ever!!!
If you are unfamiliar with the 6.9, check out this informative link:
76,234 original miles
Blue on Blue
Excellent Condition, all original, not for parts!
This car is in EXCELLENT RUNNING CONDITION and has been driven a minimum of 50 miles per month since I purchased it in 1991. I believe that I am the 2nd owner of this vehicle. I purchased it in 1991 with 42,000 miles on it from an MB mechanic/dealer who told me that he got it from the original owner. The VIN# is 11603612003098 (check it out).
This car has NEVER had a serious problem, any maintenance performed on this vehicle was immediately identified and remedied. I have always had this car worked on by specialists and have never spared any expense to keep this vehicle in EXCELLENT running condition. The ONLY PART of this vehicle that IS NOT IN WORKING ORDER is the Air Conditioning Compressor. It does not work. It did not work when I purchased the vehicle and I opted not to replace it because I live in San Diego and running the A/C is not necessary for me. Every other aspect of this car is fully functional and in excellent working condition.
The car ALWAYS been garaged and any corrosion from living on the humid coast in negligible if existent at all.
With this said, the vehicle does have minor blemishes that are all photographed and can be seen in the link below the list. All but one are from natural wear (the unnatural one is a small thumb sized cut in the back bumper).
List of minor aesthetic defects: (all can be viewed in pictures)
- very faint water stains on the bottom half of the back doors (these are so faint they were hard to photograph)
- very minor cracking in paint on hood and roof (these cracks cannot be felt by touching them AT ALL, and can only be seen when viewed from such a short distance that I was unable to take a picture)
- chrome around the outside of the wheels is flaking (it is flaking on all 4 wheels, but worst on left side, the flaking is only around the edge and is not anywhere on any of the caps)
- small cut in the back bumper (see photograph, this is the 1 unnatural blemish)
- minor wear on the original leather on the steering wheel
- 2 minor cracks in the dash (from what I understand these cracks are very common for some reason, one crack is directly above the gauge cluster and the other is coming off of the defrost vents)
- small cracks in weather stripping around the outside of the windshield (does not affect the overall seal of the windshield at all)
- cracked leather on original front seats, each front seats have minor wear and one significant crack, the back seats are original and in perfect condition (the springs, body, and power on all seat are still excellent)
All original service records since 1991, and some predating. (please email/call/PM me to request copies of service records and discuss the vehicle)
Aside from A/C compressor, and the minor aesthetic issues, this car is literally PERFECT.
After owning this car for 20 years, I still fall in love with it every time I drive it.
San Diego, CA
*** TO REQUEST ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR TO SIMPLY INQUIRE ABOUT THE VEHICLE PLEASE PM/Call (760) 633 1977, OR email email@example.com