post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: G, FJ, EB, Elise
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
CLK500 ---- $13,000

I'm selling the Daily Drive- PM if interested. The below information is from the ebay ad.

The 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class includes a full line of two-door, four-seat coupes and convertibles offering sporty performance, elegant design, and interior luxury. With its stylish exterior and elegant interior, the CLK is a treat just to look at or sit in, and carries Mercedes cachet to the front door of any destination. On the open road, the CLK is even more satisfying, with responsive performance and excellent high-speed stability. The ride is firm but comfortable. And the CLK tackles back roads with confident, level cornering, making it a joy for spirited driving. Drivers seeking more performance can opt for the powerful V8 in the CLK500.

The CLK is easy to live with. Its relatively small size makes it easy to park and maneuver in crowded areas, a description that fits nearly everywhere nowadays. At the same time, with back seats are roomy enough for two adults. This is no cramped sports car limited to two occupants but it surely drives like one!
The base CLK500 coupe originally had an MSRP of $55,000 with a V8 that produces over 300 horsepower and 339 pound-feet of torque. Overall, the car is a blast to drive yet retains the luxury indicative of the marque. The car is in great shape for it's age and mileage and the few notable items are typical rock chips on the hood, two small paint scrapes on the door where it looks like someone opened the car door onto another car, and a section of the windshield where it appears the wiper was used without a blade on it. I would recommend painting the entire hood to make the car looks brand new or at the very least using a touch up pen on it and the door to get 90% there. The wheels had a few areas of curb rash on them that you can barely see in the pictures, they are not perfect but look very sporty in the gloss black finish. Interior is pretty spot on for the age, with typical wear in the leather seats. Absolutely everything works as it should, and A/C takes about 3 minutes to cool the car. There is a headrest button missing and 2 spots where the soft touch paint is wearing, otherwise great and they aren't really noticeable. Everything is shown in the attached pictures.

The car runs amazingly well. It is fun and extremely fast. When you roll the side windows down, there is no pillar and it really is close to driving a convertible, which is the best way to enjoy it. If it's not fun in the sun that you seek, all of the the windows are tinted to match uniformly and with the rear screen (automatic) raised, the car is very private. The spoiler is AMG styled but made of carbon fiber. The emblems and rear stars are painted black, as is the upgraded 3 fin grille. The brakes are Brembo with red calipers.

The car gets looks and comments extremely often and I honestly feel that it is one of the best models that MB offered. Unfortunately, the coupe is wearing on my wife to put both kids in the child seats so we bought another SUV. I plan to put the car for sale locally too, so I will end the listing when it sells... which I expect to be pretty quick at this price!

Ebay Listing here- Mercedes-Benz : CLK-Class - eBay (item 200583989510 end time Mar-13-11 15:22:42 PDT)
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: