post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 1991 W126 420 SEL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 1991 W126 - 3000.00 OBO

I am selling my 1991 Mercedes 420 SEL. Teal green / blue with tan leather interior. What a nice car! No disappointments! She has a newer motor with 90K. The body has approximately 13K per year. No rust except a small bubble on right front fender where bumper meets - see picture. Not a big deal for a twenty year old classic. Frame is solid! Super clean interior, not funky busted seats that are common in this car. Please come and look at this car. This car should be covered in a garage somewhere. I feel guilty leaving it outside. No cracks in the leather, dash, etc. Even the jack and emergency kit are still in the original wrappings, never used. When you drive this car, you feel like you are in a newer car not a car that is twenty years old. Stereo is a detachable Alpine CD player for those who care.
I can go on forever about this car. She has been loved and it shows. Put a vanity plate on her and take her to church or cruise on the weekends and get more compliments than I did in my 380 SLC.
In addition to a cream puff antique that even the most discerning automobile enthusiast would be proud to own, I have a complete parts car sans the engine. New front brakes, front shocks, another trans, axels, intake, the whole car. I drove her last winter. Put this one in your barn and take off it what you need for the next 10 years. Then sell the metal for scrap. I can help coordinate getting this donor car to your property if need be.
As for the business end of things,…I have a clean title in hand, old registration, and bill of sale to the new owner. No jokes, stories, or games so please do not bring any to the transaction. I am flexible in the price to the right buyer as I understand the market will dictate fair value but please do not insult me or her. I have many other pictures available upon request. The pictures posted with the add illustrate full gauges working and no warning lights as it should be. I will throw in my Mercedes Benz Classic High Mileage Award badge to the new owner so you can be an official member of the club.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pass angle outside.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	352643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	352644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front seats.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	352645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Guages On.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	352646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear seats.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	352647  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	352648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Full Cluster.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	352649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pass View.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	352650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right side cluster.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	352651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trunk.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	352652  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 11:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 96 Saab 900S Conv., 01 BMW 330i, 05 MB C230, 07 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Quoted: 736 Post(s)
Looks pretty good. Except for the rust, of course, as I hate that stuff with a passion. But anyway...

Location would also help in selling. I think the plate says New Hampshire, but at least I can't make it out 100%.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 1991 W126 420 SEL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Location and other info

@ TexFinn,

Hey, thanks for the kind words. I laughed when I realized there is no location or contact information. You try to paint an accurate picture of the car when posting, you sometimes forget to put the most important stuff like location and contact.

In addition, the bubble on the fender is small. There is nothing to worry about. More like sand, prime and repaint. Alternatively, take the fender off in a couple of years and hang a new one. Compared to some other rust issues I have seen on these Benz's, this is nothing. I only mentioned the rust in the interest of full disclosure. Again, frame is rock solid as is the rest of the car. I would drive this for another ten years but job relocation leaves me no room for this toy. The donor car has all the extra parts you would possibly need for added maintenance insurance. There has to be at least two grand in parts alone, which is just a bonus to sweeten the deal for the new owner.

I welcome any and all questions.

And for those that are not local to the area, I am more than happy to help with the logistical planning. The cost is the responsibility of the buyer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in