post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jan 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post FS - 1987 Mercedes 190e 2.6

Hello everyone,

I have a 1987 190e 2.6 for sale and have had it posted up on autotrader. A member here who saw it there suggested I cross post it here, so here goes:

The skinny:
Some transmission work needed (4th gear frequently slips or does not engage) and the windshield has a crack in it. Otherwise its in good shape.

The meaty:
It is my father in law's, who had an accident and can no longer drive. He inherited it from father's who was a dealer and owned it since new as a "Sunday car". I have had it for the past 2-3 years since his accident and I also use it as a Sunday driver, since I have another car.

Its been in the garage most of its life and is in very good shape. It has 152k miles, white, with tan leather interior. The transmission started slipping this spring out of 4th gear, or not engaging at all. Its still perfectly driveable up to 3rd which gets you to about 50-60, so I have no issue taking it to the grocery store and other errands on the weekend to make sure it gets some road time. Windshield has a crack but it does not leak water or anything, so I did not bother getting a new windshield.

I live in Nashville, TN and my father in law and his dad have been in Atlanta. So no snow issues as everyone seems to ask me.

You can see the autotrader ad here.

And a good amount of additional pictures here:
Mercedes - Imgur

If anyone is interested, email me and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks everyone and let me know if this ad breaks any rules. I read the sticky but did not see anything wrong with it.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: