Here's the VIN: WDBAB23A9BB265133
I think I am the third owner, I bought it in Viroqua, WI (near the Dells) and he had purchased it from the original owner in Florida. The interior is actually in better shape than the exterior - it's mostly parts from a 300D that was used as a winter car - so the sun damage is pretty much non-existent. I think it's not uncommon for the dash to be cracked, etc.
- Left side is entirely repainted, so no rust or damage there. (previous owner had it repaired after someone clipped the car while parked on a street)
- New glow plugs and wires - built new wires on the original connector, since finding an original harness was expensive/challenging
- Valves adjusted at least once a year, sometimes twice
- New OEM battery (Nov '10)
- Snow tires and summer tires (both ~2 years)
- A pile of spare parts (original Becker, filters, hoses, etc)
- 5 Wheel Caps
- Started up fine recently after 8 hours in 10 degree weather, and no block heater (1-2 glow plug cycles is plenty)
- Air, fuel filters and oil filters changed spring and fall (I didn't put anywhere near 12k a year)
- New belts (Spring '10)
- New flex brake lines, new calipers pads and discs all around (Summer '10)
- New shocks (last owner replaced them)
- New engine mounts (last owner)
- Newer door seals (last owner)
- Driver side window needs work - it's up now, but needs to be helped up if opened. The large bracket in the door needs to be straightened, which should take ~1hr. It's all manual windows, so only a few parts to work with.
- Antenna doesn't go down, but motor is still working, probably needs to be disassembled and cleaned
- No A/C condenser - original owner removed it, and I haven't bothered to replace it. Converting to R-134a would be your best bet.
- Heated seats and switches, but the harness between the two is either disconnected or missing. I haven't had the time to investigate which it is..
- Rust is minor, in the typical places - corner of doors, some in the fender wells - hood is bubbling in a areas from salt air in Florida
- Needs brake fluid every couple months. Replacing the lines slowed this significantly, but didn't completely stop it
- Slow drip from rear window seal into trunk - I just keep water sensitive things away from that end, its a plastic trough there anyways
It's available to be looked at in New Berlin, WI. Just west of Milwaukee. Give me a call at 414.208.4156 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I can be available most nights and weekends, or during the day if we set something up.
Pictures: Dropbox - Photos - Online backup, file sync, and sharing made easy.