post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1985 500SEC AMG WIDE BODY ($8500)

Check out post #37 on page 4 for some of the crash pictures

I am just putting out the feelers to see if there is any interest in my 85 500SEC AMG. I have owned this Merc since 2005 (imported from Japan) and have had little time to enjoy this amazing car over the years. I had plans to restore it, then I decided to sell it in 2006, but nothing came of it, so I had some work done to it and then put it back in storage.

The car does need some work to the rear quarter(s), but mostly the left rear (top edge where the wide body was joined). The interior also needs some work, the dash has 3 cracks, wood inserts need repair and it looks like the windshield has a small leak.

I have put in a new fuel pump and filter, new cams as the old ones had a grove worn into one due to a faulty oiler. We had a stock 560sec cam installed if my memory serves me, but I did keep the larger lobed cams (AMG installed??). I was having trouble with the car not starting but found that the fuel pump relay was acting up (should have this sorted soon), we now just jump pin 8 and 7).

The front fenders and rear quarter flares have AMG stampings (I will have to check the numbers and take some shots if needed). The interior has the Recaro (AMG??) seats, (AMG??) door panels, AMG instrument cluster and AMG rims.

I had a body shop repair the same left rear quarter in 2006 (I believe they only covered the cracks) and then had a luxury body shop do the paint. After a few years of sitting the body work on the left side decided to pop out again and ruin my expensive paint work .

Overall the car is a good runner (sounds fantastic) and should make for an amazing car to drive. I have become much more reasonable in my pricing since 2006 and hope this will go to an enthusiast that will actually drive it and enjoy it. I will be slightly picky as to who buys it, but would be happy with any Mercedes fanatic.

I only know a little about these cars and their history so please be open to my not knowing all the answers.

I am located right next to Vancouver BC Canada. I can most likely have the car shipped for anyone in the USA and can meet you at the airport if needed. I have used MagiCarpet Auto Transport | Nationwide Automobile Transport for shipping a vehicle in the past, they are in Seattle Washington.

If there is enough interest I will try and take some more photos this weekend, ran out of light today.

The price is $8500 obo.

Call 778-322-6560

I was able to dig up several older pictures of the car (maybe 2007) and the interior shot was from Japan (2005 ?)

Some new photos will be taken this weekend, I will also see about taking a video.

Crash pictures at post #37

Last edited by jsauto; 01-02-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Picture did not show up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 11:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '84 500 SEC Euro 040 black Lorinser 2005 sl500
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Looks very nice and well optioned. Good luck with your sale...it should go fast.
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 1989 560SEC
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Premium Member
Beautiful!!! Do you have any documentation regarding it's AMG pedigree? Can you post the VIN as well?

Thanks,
Mike

1989 560SEC (US spec) 040 Black/Black, 17" Aero I's, H&R springs, Bilstein HD shocks, Euro Headlights,Tri Y's, First Gear Start Module, AMG (clone) Heads Solid Lifter Conversion and AMG Gen II US Body Kit
2014 ML350 (Wife's Car)
1990 190E 2.6 (The newly appointed DD)
post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
I was unable to get any documentation showing its AMG pedigree, I tried very hard early on to track down its AMG history but came up very short.

The Vin is WDB1260441A109865.

After looking through my paperwork it looks like I still have yet to register the car in Canada , I had been using temporary operating permits up to this point (less than 500 kilometres clocked by me). I will have all this sorted before any transfer is made.

The car is very nice, but does need some work in order to make it perfect. I hope this is more than reflected in the price.
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 02:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1984-2005 MB's
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Now, now... shoo away from these wheels. They should stay along w/ the car
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 02:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1984-2005 MB's
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
jsauto, please post a LOT more pics of the car outside in sunlight. Engine, interior, exteior. Then you'll be golden.

Putting in a 560 cam in a 500 motor wasn't exactly the right fix, especially if the car had solid lifters (clip springs around the valve rockers which grooving was normal, to an extent). But for a standard 500 it might get you by.

I have a standard Euro 500 FPR you can have if one proves difficult to find in your neck of the woods.

Best of luck w/ the sale, nice car!

Last edited by bondavi; 12-29-2010 at 03:02 AM.
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondavi View Post
Now, now... shoo away from these wheels. They should stay along w/ the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondavi View Post
jsauto, please post a LOT more pics of the car outside in sunlight. Engine, interior, exteior. Then you'll be golden.

Putting in a 560 cam in a 500 motor wasn't exactly the right fix, especially if the car had solid lifters (clip springs around the valve rockers which grooving was normal, to an extent). But for a standard 500 it might get you by.

bondavi, shoo away from this car, you have too many already !!!

I have a standard Euro 500 FPR you can have if one proves difficult to find in your neck of the woods.
bondavi shoo away from this car, you have too many already

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1986 560SEC TT KS,1988 300CE,1990 560SEC 2nd GEN.KS.1990 560SEL AMG,1985 W126 [parts]
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Hello jsauto
It is nice to see you are very open about the car.
I did try to buy it back in 2006-7 but you stop e-mailing back to me.
Did you got the interior finish as per your last e-mail?

Thanks and good luck with the sale,Andrew

Must be love
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Sorry, I wrote the ad last night using only my memory (faulty memory). I looked back in my records after hearing what bondavi had to say and it looks like I had a set made up for a 500 series motor. I have the receipt for the newly ground cam (used 500 specs). I was going to have the original cams tig welded and re-ground, but I would have had to have a new profile fabricated in order to make the re-grind work (was more than I was willing to spend at the time).

and007ca, all that I finished on the interior was having the front seats professionally re-upholstered (Pro Leather), plus I took out the door panels in order to see what could be done about the wood grain. I did not make it much further than that. Sorry for not responding in 06/07, that was the time that I decided to keep it (will not happen again).

I will do my best to get some better shots this weekend as there has been a great deal of interest. Let me know if anyone wants a picture of a certain area of the car. I will try and scan the cam receipt as well.

Feel free to shoot me any questions regarding the car.
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 12:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 1985 500 SEC EURO AMG/LORINSER; 1988 560SEL, 1995 S500 Sonderschutz
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Is there a car in there? All I see is a dark garage.

I'm not even interested in the car, I just wanted to poke fun at the crappy classified.

LUBE YOUR THROTTLE LINKAGES!
"A little neglect may breed mischief: for want of a nail the shoe was lost; for want of a shoe the horse was lost; and for want of a horse the rider was lost." -Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in