Parting 1978 240D - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 11:14 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 79 240D, 83 300D Manual 4spd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking for a clutch/brake pedal assembly (along with master cylinder) as well as the shifter knob assembly down to the linkages (don't need the rods going to the transmission).

Let me know if these are still available and what you would want for them.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 1978 240D sedan, blue, 4-cyl, manual (parting) and 1990 300TE 4matic wagon, automatic, with A/C
(Thread Starter)
I still have that

Yes, I still have that. Could you email me at brycefinley at gmail? I can't seem to PM you. Anyhow, car has a new master cylinder from a few months back, pedal assembly yes, and shifter yes. We can talk about it on email further. Thanks.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 1978 240D sedan, blue, 4-cyl, manual (parting) and 1990 300TE 4matic wagon, automatic, with A/C
(Thread Starter)
Four years after beginning on it (I have been living in Germany the last three), I am going home to Canada in a few days (Aug. 22) to PART THIS CAR, among other things. The first time around, I quickly sold the radio, the hubcaps, the dash blower vents, the shift mechanism, the wood from the dash, and a few other little bits. People have asked about the larger bits but I am unsure how best to ship them (heavy is okay, but long parts have never been possible to ship via the post office). This summer, I hope to find out how to ship the long things, but I can't say I will. If you have a chance to come to my area, that would certainly help. But other than that, I am very close to the USA-Canada border; I just need to learn how to take things across the border and do the paperwork.

I will be at the car Aug. 24 to approx. Sept. 1, and then I have to shut down this project again. So if you need something (especially something that can easily be mailed!) please do contact me as soon as possible, and send a price idea, please. You probably know the prices better than I do (this is my only Mercedes now; I have sold my wagon and am looking for another one...).

The car is near Victoria, B.C., Canada, and Vancouver, B.C., Canada.

Thank you.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 08:27 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2016
Bobjef

Hi. Just found your ad. Is the car still around? If so I am looking for carpets. I am in Victoria so can pickup the parts easily. Email at vicguy@live.com Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in