post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up 1979 and 1980 300SD parts cars

1979 and 1980 300SD parts cars

Mercedes Benz 300SD Turbo Diesel 4 Door Sedan and Parts car.

The heater works! not just the defroster. unfortunately the AC does not.
but the sunroof opens and closes, so I just roll that back in the warm weather.

The upholstery and interior is complete and in ok condition especially for a 31 year old car. A couple of the interior parts are not installed in the car but I have them.
Body is fair with the usual little scratches and dents. Nothing big.

Tires are fair.

I have a CD with the Maintenance manual on it including wiring and vacuum diagrams and every other thing you can think of. But i cant find it right now I am diligently looking for it. (I have some printed materials also)

I have titles for both cars.

Now for the bad things:

Something happened to the engine and it quit on me suddenly. Then it wouldn't start. Later I got it to run but it knocks and squeaks really loud. Sadly, the engine is toast. A friend of mine who is a diesel mechanic says it can be rebuilt easily.

The power door lock system had a vacuum leak some where so I disconnected it.
The passenger window rolls down but not up. (It can go up if you help it)
It needs a new flexdisc at the differential. (a German version of a u-joint)
and probably several other minor things that go along with such an old car.

The parts car was running good when I parked in my driveway years ago. The body is pretty good. Over the years I have removed various parts to use on the good car. The parts car probably runs but the tranny slips.
I have labeled, wrapped and protected the parts in the parts car. The parts car is nearly complete, just that some parts are no good.

A person might swap the engines and have a good running car again.

I had a lot of fun driving this car. It was quick for such a big old car and cornered nicely. Lots of control.

I averaged 22 mpg. I never had trouble passing DEQ.

I really want to sell both cars, right now I wont consider selling them separately. In parts I'm sure they are worth quite a bit but I just don't want to go through the hassle.

I know no one will buy these sight unseen but I'd like to hear some kind of a fair offer. I don't want to plan my life around some one showing up and offering nothing, or not showing up at all.
Please ask many questions. but don't waste our time.

See pics at: Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

vehicles are located in Portland OR USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in