post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2010
Vehicle: 1992 300e 4Matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Red face GB interest? AMG Wheels After SEMA

I'm heading to SEMA in November with a buddy of mine that is starting an RX7/Rotary store/shop.

I got the crazy idea that since SEMA is a trade event, I would try to hookup with some manufacturers for replica wheels.

There is one in particular whom I've been in contact with already about AMG replicas from the E63, SL65, and such. But minimum quantities are 20 sets, same finish, same style, but different sizes may be allowed.

I was wondering if you guys would be interested in a possible group buy for a specific set? I have no idea about pricing yet.

Also, I know I'm new here, and you don't know me from Adam. I will say that I've been around the e30tech forums, and sold some stuff there. I also have accounts with eBay and paypal, and everywhere else for that matter under citizenchan. My ebay feedback is perfect, paypal account is a merchant account in good standing.
I only give that so you don't feel like I'm a scammer, but if it isn't meant to be, oh well.

Please post here if you would be interested and what style you like (preferably with a picture so there are no mistakes).
Also let me know what you are willing to pay, it may not be worth it for a normal guy like me to try to setup something when you could get the wheels elsewhere for cheaper and less worry/hassle.

I'll make a point to talk to the manufacturer when I go to SEMA to see if we could make a deal and get more details.

Hopefully, I'm not violating the terms for the forum. DIdn't see anything about groupbuys =/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amg.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	334322  

CitizenChan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 05:48 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2010
Sema Wheels

I could be interested if the price is right, keep me in the loop.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_only View Post
I could be interested if the price is right, keep me in the loop.
Welcome to the forum, and sure thing, make sure to subsribe to this thread. Price is obviously the big ? There are so many variables involved.

Also, here is my ebay feedback page in case you wanted to check my statements.
eBay Feedback Profile for citizenchan

CitizenChan
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 06:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: Too many to list
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
what would be the ballpark pricing? Because you can buy sets in the $500-600 range from PowerWheelsPro and other replica resellers and thats including lugs and caps....

To buy as a group or from unknown selller, it would need to be in the $300-400 range for the set, which may not be possible? Or is it?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusabes View Post
what would be the ballpark pricing? Because you can buy sets in the $500-600 range from PowerWheelsPro and other replica resellers and thats including lugs and caps....

To buy as a group or from unknown selller, it would need to be in the $300-400 range for the set, which may not be possible? Or is it?
Yeah, you're absolutely right and that's my big concern, I'm seeing pretty good prices having looked into it more the past couple days. Shipping is what will break it I think. I can't compete with the bulk shippers on that end, so its the middleman markup I'll sacrifice, which is fine with me.

Maybe there is a wheel you guys want, that you can't find for cheap? Maybe I can find something similar ??

Like I said, its worth a shot.

CitizenChan
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 07:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2008
Vehicle: Depends on the week
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Whatever you do, make sure you get payments UP FRONT!
Just telling you this now to save you any type of headaches later. We don't want you to be stuck with 20 sets of wheels that aren't going anywhere.

If it has to be ANY wheel it would have to the the Evo II wheel. Nothing more and nothing less. That is THE ultimate wheel for the w124.

☆ ★ A R T I S A N ☆ ★ ☆ ★ A R T I S A N ☆ ★
Chicagoland Mercedes Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mbclubchicago/
Join the W124 Buy/Sell/Trade/Chat Group on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/224626884381433/
http://artisanexcite.blogspot.com/
Mercedes Diesel Injector Servicing: http://artisanexcite.blogspot.com/p/...servicing.html
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 08:18 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Actually like the one he has pictured there.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
For sure, thanks for the input guys.

CitizenChan
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Just FYI,
The manufacturer is happy to ship the same style wheel in the same finish, but in different sizes.

For instance, I could get an AMG style wheel, polished, in sizes ranging from 16 -19 with different offsets, for a minimum of 20 sets.

Is there a specific wheel anyone has been looking for that I could ask about?
Or maybe prices are still substantial on a set you've seen somewhere, for which a group buy would be very advantageous?

Thanks,

CitizenChan

CitizenChan
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 04:10 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 2008 C350 Sport
i like the ones in the pic but like everyone else price is the big question!! 19's would be good for my c350!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in