Staggered 18" Mandrus Emil Wheels and tires for older low offset Mercedes - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 06:42 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 1982 300D Turbo Diesel
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
are these still available?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 06:43 AM
BenzWorld Member

I just read the ET details and size, I'm not 100% sure if they will fit my w123... any way to find out? I'm very interested.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 1991 560sel
(Thread Starter)
I can't be certain without fitting them but these are for the older cars like the w123. You would probably at least need to roll your fenders. Not sure if any other fender work would be required though. Maybe search around? I would rock them but I'm not afraid of a little rubbing and fender massaging. My car didn't need any but the w123 being a smaller car might? I had bought 25mm spacers to get my wheels even farther out but never had a chance to fit them before the car broke. So in my case I still had room to work with. You may or may not.

The car in this video has 17x8.5 fronts and 17x10 rears according to the comments. Unknown offset but most of the old AMG 3 piece wheels I have seen have an even more aggressive offset than my wheels. I think they are usually somewhere around 15 in the front and 11 in the rear but don't quote me on that. The real unknown is how big the wheel wells themselves are? The fronts have the same wheel and tire section width as my wheels and this guy did fit a 10" rear with 245 section tire vs my 9.5" rear with a 255 section tire. That should be close enough for government work when you take out the stretch but again I can't be certain.

The car above is of course rolling 17" wheels instead of 18" wheels but he is running taller tires too. There are some cars in this video that appear to be running 18's to me. Especially the silver coupe with MAE's at 1:45.

They would certainly be aggressive but I think they could work if you were willing to put in the effort. Having said all that I am really thinking of fixing my car rather than deal with all the tire kickers so I was thinking of keeping the wheels but could be persuaded if the price were right. But if they don't sell no real biggie. Somehow it will all work out in the end if they sell or not.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 07:05 AM
BenzWorld Member

you can PM me if you want to negotiate price. I believe these will fit with no adjustments since the tires are running skinny.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 01:22 PM
BenzWorld Member

I sent you a PM, or you can email me directly fernandezjackie11 @ gmail.com
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 07:54 AM
BenzWorld Member

Haven't heard back... if you still want to sell, hit me up. Very interested. Send/PM me your email or phone#. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in