BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: Ambiente V230 petrol/LPG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS V230 Ambient

For sale is my turquoise Mercedes V230 Ambiente

It runs but I'm selling for spares/repair as there is a problem with the on-board computer which is too costly to repair. The computer will eventually refuse to let the van be driven - see below for details.

The van is advertised on eBay but you can buy it through here and I'll cancel the auction. If you want to see lots of pics, the eBay item number is 160467472084, or else search for my handle there - hhr173.

First registered in August 1997 but design of computer hookup point suggests manufactured in 1996, according to autoelectrician. Model number is 638 234.

Mileage: a shade under 165,000. MoT expires 16 Oct 2010. Road tax expires 31 Oct 2010. Logbook V5C is present. Variety of service receipts and MoT certificates are available.

I have more photos that show the general appearance of the van - ask and I'll send, or check out the eBay listing.

Seats - beige leather - two in front, four in back, all removable, with arm rests,
fold out table (top cover is loose), curtains, two sun roofs, tinted glass all round (some scratches), towbar (I’ve never used), up-and-over rear door, radio cassette, CD multichanger (I’ve never used), airbags, alloys, ,wo tyres less than a year old, other pair have decent tread, spare tyre (good tread but not alloy), immobiliser (I’ve never used).

Automatic gearbox added aftermarket on 26 July 2006. Receipt available for inspection.

Landirenzo Omegas LPG conversion added aftermarket on 27 March 2007. Receipt available for inspection. Van runs on either petrol or Autogas.

Rear air suspension was removed in January 2010 and replaced with metal springs. Air compressor is still in place under passenger seat - my mechanic says it still works but is not connected. I have two rear air bags (one Vito, one V230) that I will throw in as I don’t need them.

Auto electrician says the van’s ECU is either corrupted or the wiring loom is damaged as the computer is learning ‘bad tricks’ and revving inappropriately at times. Sometimes accelerator sticks as if it is on cruise control, although the van doesn’t have cruise control. Sometimes when the van is suposed to be freewheeling the revs yo-yo between 800 and 1500 or 1500 and 2300. Both sticking and yoyoing can be cleared by stamping on gas pedal. Sometimes van goes into Limp Home mode. When the computer isn’t being temperamental the van drives well.

Rear left window only opens by hand. All others open via button.

Rust to bottom of doors and wheel arches - see picture for example.

Usual ‘supermarket’ parking dinks and scratches - nothing too noticeable, but paint bubbling in places.

Aerial is bent

Alloy wheels a bit chipped, brake discs pitted.

Reversing sensors - holes drilled in bumper and wiring present in van but sensors not fitted.

Driver’s armrest doesn’t lift

Front sun roof can leak in heavy rain

Suspect a shock absorber is failing as ride is a bit bouncy (but Sheffield is known as ‘Pothole City’ so it is hard to know what an ‘even’ ride feels like!)

Delivery - the van can be driven from Sheffield to its new home. Whether the buyer does that or I do (I'm willing to travel within reason) can be agreed by email. But please note that as it's holiday season I've got a number of short/day trips organised and so might not be around every day.

I think that's it. Email if you have queries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	V230_001.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	324458   Click image for larger version

Name:	V230_005.JPG
Views:	1305
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	324459  
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: