FS: set of rare Enkei 15x7 mesh wheels (W123, W116, W107, etc...) - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 08:13 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 1991 300zx 2+2 @ 129k Miles.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After inspection of the first box that came:

Sleuthing these wheels during cleaning I notice a few things...all of which are a-ok with me:

It looks like these were not 5x112 initially. They may have been 5x100, only because they are made in Japan. They look to have been redrilled, and it is done quite well, but is noticeable by serious inspection. The alternative hypothesis I have is that they were simply drilled to account for lug bolts versus lug nuts....whats more odd is that the center hub diameter seems to be untouched.

The other thing that stands to be disproven is that there is a bead of caulk in the middle of the barrel of these. I am thinking that when I rip the center out (after I get some larger allen wrenches) I will see that these are possibly 3 piece rims. I would be super happy if these are 3 piece, because I think that replacing the "face" side of the barrel would be more cost effective than the whole barrel on a restore project.

Im trying to find some more info on these wheels, and the interweb is simply not giving me any info at all. Id really like to know where they were intended for initially.

I cant wait to get the other 2 and the center caps so I can get these babys mounted.

1985 300D @ 130k miles Silver - Totaled: Deer strike
1991 300zx Nissan: Totaled: Ice patch
1982 300SD: Surprise...Not Totaled Yet!
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Sep 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think you'll find these wheels to be 3 piece rims

They look like a set of Epsilon / Southern Ways.

I have 3 sets of Porsche Epsilons.

The center should have a stylized "SW" in one of the areas between
the bolt holes. It should also have the offset stamped in that area as well.

Hope this helps
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: