Mercedes Benz A/C Compressor For Sale...Brand New in the box!!! - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jan 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
New or re manufactured is not the issue here.
Avoiding possible seal degradation by vacuum storing the unit vacuum sealed is.
Keeping an unsealed unit on the shelf for extended periods of time may not be a good idea.
A/C shops will not keep units on the shelf, but will put in new pulley shaft seals right before installation into a customers car.
I would recommend your 'new' compressor to be pressure tested by a A/C shop.
Once in a car, the compressor has to handle the same pressure as inside the heads.
Hey buddy I dont know where you get your information from but Im affraid you are wrong. I contacted many car shops and authorized a/c compressor dealers and they all store brand new and some even store used units (both remanufactured and others just out of wrecked cars) on stock (yes on a shelf) however many do not sell the remanufactured ones due to returns. Are you a professioal certified mercedes mechanic? or a authorized mercedes part seller? No you are not!!!!! Well I have been in contact with many who are professionally certified and no one, not even my friend mentioned anything regarding SEAL DEGRADATION if you store the compressor too long. I took my car to GERMAN AUTO REPAIR here in town, a certified mercedes benz mechanic, and he even wanted to buy the unit off of me, of course he was not going to give me what I wanted for it...hahaha.

And the a/c compressor comes with DIY Installation instructions, and warranty informatin. You will need special machines only german auto repair shops should have. Like I mentioned, out here in Cali they charge $250 to install it.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: a device that is designed or used to transport people or cargo.
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
uh o.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 10:18 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 1999 E430 Sport
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The seal degradation thing is nonsense.

If it were true, you wouldn't be able to leave your car parked for more than a few days.

New or remanufactured compressors both come with plastic plugs in the ports, primarily to keep dirt out. When a compressor is installed the system must be evacuated with a vacuum pump to remove air and moisture. This is done because moisture in the system can freeze or cause corrosion. It has nothing to do with the seals.

The seal will not dry out unless the part sits unused for years.

If I were in the market for a compressor, a new one would be worth a premium over a remanufactured one.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: a device that is designed or used to transport people or cargo.
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
most manufacturers advise you to run your ac at least monthly, even in winter to keep the seals in shape. perhaps this is why?
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: