Just got it not to long ago, love the power but I'm missing having a manual tranny.
I'd like to trade out for either soemthing with a stick (190E or 190D) or something older in similar running order.
The things I know well about this car...
- Runs beautifully, very quick response from the gas
- Decent shifts, no slippage no hard shifts
- Aircon did work before the low pressure line popped
- does NOT have the auto leveling suspension
- 16 inch stock alloys with good tires
- No odd sounds
- no tailpipe smoke
- no hesitation or misfire
- should pass smog without issues
- No significant damage to body
- Sunroof works and seals properly
- All door seals line
- overall its a great car, decent gas mileage, I use premium Cheveron only. Looks great, overall everything else works perfectly, very fast little car (little used loosely)
- Lifter tap (confirmed by Renatos here in Irvine Ca)
- Kickdown on throttle not working properly. Car still downshifts, but it kicks on the Check Engine light
- Oil leak from ??? only occurs when I take the car into the mountains for some reason, not terrible, but its enough that it bugs me
- Multi Function switch has... issues.. Turnsignals and int wipers will decide to suddenly not work when the interior is hot.
- Car has been rearended at some point, poor repairwork done. No frame damage but needs to have someone who actually cares repair it.
- Brakes are near done, light came on a few weeks ago.
- Seats need to be replaced. not broken, but the leather is embarrasingly bad
- 2 windows need work, 200$ for both to be repaired by some ancient former merc mechanic that does side work for Argo Interiors. Seen his work, its solid.
- Odometer stopped working at 114k, I was told by the previous owner that it currently has around 140k on it
- I'd like to offer it as a trade for anything thats a stick, or possibly an old SL thats in similar shape (smaller engine is ok, I just have a weakness for 2 doors =)
I'll entertain other trades, or a possible Purchase offer 3500 OBO. I love it but I hate it, make sense? =)