post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: AccountKiller
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
W124 interior parts in good shape wanted

Looking for a lot of interior parts for a W124 in good condition - no tears, cracks, anything broken, etc. Would like to have the my currently rather decrepit interior feeling like a newish car. The car they'll be going into is a 1986 300D but would like to use newer W124 parts so long as they fit correctly. Ideally somebody has a W124 that they want to part out with a good interior. If you're within 250 or so miles of Indianapolis, I'll be happy to pick up the parts. Current interior is grey, but if you have all the seats, carpets, floormats, door panels, headliner, sun visors, rear dash, etc. in good condition, I wouldn't mind changing the interior color to something else. It's really the quality I care about foremost.

Need at least the following, probably more:
* Both front interior door panels.
* Both front door control switch panels + knobs.
* Rear door power window switches.
* Front console window switches (at least 3).
* Dash light dimmer control.
* Both front seats.
* Rear seat if in great condition (current one is good, but a couple small tears in the leather).
* Front console wood trim.
* Driver side air vent and control.
* Top part of dash.
* Rearview mirror.
* Sunroof controls.
* Cruise control stalk.
(any other related parts would most likely also be appreciated.

Also need some other parts:
* Sunroof motor.
* Blower motor (with or without plastic fan wheels).
* As-of-yet unknown air conditioning and cruise control parts.
* Power antenna, mounting brackets, and wiring connector.
* Brackets, wiring, relay(?) for headlight wiper motors (car did not come with this option but I have two new motors and trim pieces to accommodate them for under the headlights that I'd like to install.
* Headlight wipers.
* Would be happy for any and all electrical wires/harnesses/switches/relays/control boxes that are in good condition as mine are sketchy.
* Hood release that usually protrudes from the front grill (mine broke off and I have to use needle-nosed pliers).
* Resonator (only if in very good condition - mine is rusty and the weld broke loose but it works).

And if you happen to have a 300D, I need the following engine-related stuff:
* OM603 accelerator parts - all the hinges, brackets, and other pieces that move when the accelerator is pressed going above the engine - many of mine are broken.
* Detailed pictures of a factory configuration for the fuel lines - there are many leftover parts from a now-gone second fuel tank and I'm not sure what's useful or safe to remove currently.

Last edited by Raptelan; 07-07-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 07:04 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: E60RS
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have at least 2 full grey leather interiors from 94-95 124s.

I have the early door panels, but they are not great, as were stock on your car or I have the later panels with wood & speaker enclosures that are very nice.

I also have a sack full of 603 diesel parts.

I'm in Stamford, Ct, not sure if that is to far away.

David Hendy
'97 Renntech E60RS
'95 E300 Diesel
'97 GMC Suburban diesel
'89 300TE
'88 250TD
'84 Land Rover 109 LHD
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: May 2005
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
pm sent. If there is anything you can't find with Dave (doubtful), send me a pm.

Hanno
79 6.9
83 280SL 5 spd. Euro
94 E320 new DD
94 E320 (future 5 spd?)
95 E320 wagon
95 E320 sedan (on loan to mom!)
95 E320 sedan (parting out, 98K miles)
87 300E, 5 spd. conversion (sold)
79 280E, parting out. Blue interior
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hendy View Post
I have at least 2 full grey leather interiors from 94-95 124s.

I have the early door panels, but they are not great, as were stock on your car or I have the later panels with wood & speaker enclosures that are very nice.

I also have a sack full of 603 diesel parts.

I'm in Stamford, Ct, not sure if that is to far away.
Yeah I would definitely prefer the newer, nicer parts whenever possible.

CT is a pretty far, but the direction is workable - I have some stuff I need to pick up from an ex-landlord in Maryland anyways so will at some point probably be driving that direction. I could justify driving up to CT if I was picking up a fair quantity of stuff... I won't have the time nor money right away and am insanely busy covering for a coworker on vacation for the next month, but perhaps in another 6-8 weeks I'd like to start working on the interior. Can you give me a cost approximation for some of the things I've listed that you may have?

I'm really not sure what engine parts might be useful... I looked at some photos of an '87 300D engine compartment and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING save the fuse box is in the same place. It's quite radically different. It's also not at all similar to the W123 layouts that preceeded it. So I'm really not sure to do about parts for this thing since no auto part place knows what a 1986 300D is and I'm not going to be able to find one in a junkyard...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptelan View Post
I could justify driving up to CT if I was picking up a fair quantity of stuff...
Check that - for some reason I was thinking CT was a lot closer to MD than it is. I think I'd prefer to just pay for shipping with that amount of distance - MD is a long enough drive from here! Sorry for the mix-up.

Still definitely interested in hearing more specifics about what you might have available. Any pictures would be awesome too.

I didn't really expect responses this quick - it's pretty inspiring!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in