As I will relocate I sell all my cars including the SL 320 Twin Turbo.
I was running the largest tuning company in the UAE and have built this car over the last 3 years for my self as I love this car. Just give you an idea about the quality and effort spent... and the resources used.
On this car "everything" is new (max 3 years old), the engine is a 3.3 low compression (104.99x 4 valve engine, chassis 064 Series).
I have restored it ground up, the engine is built from scratch. To mention a few features:
- lightened crank
- electronically balanced crank
- AMG custom pistons (compression of aprox 8.5:1)
- lightened and modded con rods
- ALL engine internals have been replaced, if it was the smallest gasket or bearing, only the block and head is still original but modded, bored and honed
- changed to electrical water pump
- reversed water circulation to cool the head
- custom cast Turbo headers
- custom stainless steel exhaust
- air to water intercooler
- twin blade throttle body (Mustang Cobra)
- HKS blow off
- KTT custom built racing turbos (only the conversion of the Garrets was 4000 usd... + 3500 for the Garrets)
- Haltech E11v2 stand alone engine management (can be plug and play upgraded to the 2010 version from Haltech)
- Water methanol injection
- twin BOSCH motorsport fuel pumps
- Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
- Aeromotive fuel filter
- custom made head studs and nuts from ARP (they don't have anything for this engine in their standard program)
- 8000 usd sound system (2 years old) Rainbow and Focal speakers on Focal Amps, Focal subs
- AMG shocks
- H&R springs
- upgraded brake rotors
- "steal" brake lines
- Gearbox is new and customized - under boost the car shifts like an GTR when cruising the car shifts like my S Class.
- glass panorama roof (just bought this a couple of months ago...)
- It comes either with the orig AMG in 18", AMG SL 63 19" or with the Kleemann 19" like on the picture. I don't know yet.
- down side, the paint is not very nice, i would repaint it...
I have uploaded a few pictures, as you can see there is still the old roof on the car not the panoramic one. As well as all the aluminum piping in the engine bay is now matt black and blue hoses are black. It actually looks very OEM (this was the idea of doing this).
Depending on the boost it has between 450hp at around 1.3bar to 650hp at around 2 bar. I was running 2.7 bar for a short time as well, that was a bit crazy.
I have the rpm limit quite moderate at 6800 rpm, the engine could stand 8000 rpm as well. Would be nice to see the power then...
This car is a sleeper, the outside is 100% stock not even an AMG bodykit, the inside is the same. The boost gauge is integrated in the dash where the clock was, all other instruments and boost/hp control is in the sunglass compartment. The sound system is hidden (besides the rear speakers)
If anybody is interested let me know and we talk about the price, shipping from here to the US and Europe is around 1000 to 2000 usd.
Here are some pictures, I have uploaded them to this link
SL 320 Twin Turbo Gallery
ps please look at the link to see more pictures...